Nvidia GeForce Expérience "instant replay" is recording my secondary monitor

Low-Eek

Hello,

as the title says i can't record my main monitor anymore on what we used to call "shadowplay"  by Nvidia

since not all my games are recognized by the instant replay feature i had to enable the privacy setting to record my desktop.

It's been working since february 20 last time i reinstalled windows, but now for a few weeks,

it's recording the wrong screen, with the main sceen resolution, i got a 21:9 video of my 16:9 screen stretched....

it's not like he doesnt know that my 21:9 screen is the one to record, but still it's recording the wrong screen...

the nvidia overlay alaways open on my main 21:9 monitor !

My 21:9 screen is my main screen in windows and nvidia Panel: https://i.imgur.com/lh6c8Lb.jpeg

I've tried pluggin the main screen on the DP port 1 of my 2080, does not change anything.

The only thing working right now is to unplug my secondary monitor before starting windows, and plug it back once i'm on desktop, but i have to do this on every start up....

Here is a exemple vidéo of my 21:9 recording of my 16:9 secondary screen stretched:

https://youtu.be/rLHzJ0jxUWc

I've checked on google i'm not the only one who got this issue, but everything i tried so far does not help resolving it :(

i'm thinking of formating windows for this...

If anyone can get me through this i'd be glad 

Low-Eek

hey, i kinda found a fix, my secondary screen is now plugged on my MB and toggled on my iGPU, nvidia cannot record what happen on a screen that is not plugged to my GPU, but still i would like to be able to disable my iGPU :(

• 3 weeks later...

I had this same issue. I solved it by setting the screen i wanted to record to primary in both windows control panel AND nvidia control panel. This alone didn't solve the issue though, so I restarted my PC and then finally the correct display was recorded.

Hope this helps someone along the line.

Edit: I forgot to mention. The screen I wanted to record was already set to primary in both locations before. So everything seemed to be correct. I actually had to set a different display to primary in the nvidia control panel, hit apply, and then set it back to the one I wanted to record and hit apply again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 1:54 AM, Low-Eek said:

Hello,

as the title says i can't record my main monitor anymore on what we used to call "shadowplay"  by Nvidia

since not all my games are recognized by the instant replay feature i had to enable the privacy setting to record my desktop.

It's been working since february 20 last time i reinstalled windows, but now for a few weeks,

it's recording the wrong screen, with the main sceen resolution, i got a 21:9 video of my 16:9 screen stretched....

it's not like he doesnt know that my 21:9 screen is the one to record, but still it's recording the wrong screen...

the nvidia overlay alaways open on my main 21:9 monitor !

My 21:9 screen is my main screen in windows and nvidia Panel: https://i.imgur.com/lh6c8Lb.jpeg

I've tried pluggin the main screen on the DP port 1 of my 2080, does not change anything.

The only thing working right now is to unplug my secondary monitor before starting windows, and plug it back once i'm on desktop, but i have to do this on every start up....

Here is a exemple vidéo of my 21:9 recording of my 16:9 secondary screen stretched:

https://youtu.be/rLHzJ0jxUWc

I've checked on google i'm not the only one who got this issue, but everything i tried so far does not help resolving it :(

i'm thinking of formating windows for this...

If anyone can get me through this i'd be glad 

Low-Eek

Hey. Have you found a fix yet? I'm stuck with exactly the same issue and none of the replies here suggested something that works for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 7:37 AM, RyuShev said:

Hey. Have you found a fix yet? I'm stuck with exactly the same issue and none of the replies here suggested something that works for me.

In the settings at the very bottom under privacy control see if you have desktop capture on, idk how mine turned on but it did. Hope this helps

• 3 months later...
On 10/9/2020 at 12:40 PM, JeremyCro said:

In the settings at the very bottom under privacy control see if you have desktop capture on, idk how mine turned on but it did. Hope this helps

Thank you!