DisplayPort Issues...

Hey guys,

A little bit of background info: My system is an older X79 with an Asus Sabertooth X79, Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 and 16GB of G.Skill Ripjaws. I was running 3 older 1080p 60hz dell ultrasharp monitors till yesterday.

So I got 3 new monitors (AOC C27G2) and installed them. Everything seemed to work fine except one monitor keeps cutting out randomly and doesn't recover for a quite a long time and it suddenly pops up (it seems to be random). I was initially worried that it was one of my monitors but changing the displayports each monitor is plugged into changes which monitor gets cut out. So it seems to be an issue that stems from the gpu... (its the first displayport from the left that is causing this.) Whats weird is that before I was using the same 3 displayports to output to my old monitors and they were fine. The only difference is that my new monitors are 165hz and my old ones were 60hz. I'm also using the same dell DisplayPort 1.2 cables I was previously using.

So far I've tried: Uninstalling and reinstalling nvidia drivers, rolling back to older drivers, turning nvidia surround on and off, resetting the monitors and lowering the refresh rate to 120hz. Nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone know what might be going on or can offer any advice? 

Thanks in advance!