Upgrade from ASUS 27" VG278HE

Grihm

Evening all.

So, in March 2014, i bought the monitor i use as my main, the ASUS 27" VG278HE ( 144 HZ ) . As a side monitor i have the Samsung Syncmaster T23A750 23" ( 120 HZ ). Christmas Pix added due to the heat.

Now for the issue at hand.

Last BF, i bought a 2070S GPU, and noticed after the card arrived, that my main screen does not have Displayport, so it´s been on 60 HZ ever since. Don´t get me wrong, it´s still " good " but enough is enough. The monitor is pushing 7 years old, and the quality has improved a lot since.

I am now looking for a replacement, and my main points of interest are as follows.

* Minimum 144 HZ 

* At least 32"

* Curved is " appreciated " but not a demand

* HDR

* Worth it´s quality for the price, not just a brag-brand for #reasons

I will be removing my second monitor, so i need at least 32" to keep the real estate size so to say, and my main usage of said screen will be

* Gaming

* Movie / Documentaries 

* Everyday use

Now my budget for this is a bit flexible, but i am hoping to be able to make the best use of the monitor for Cyberpunk 2077 and Star Citizen, as well for my personal crafting in RL and photography of products i make, so i do have need of a good panel and color quality etc. I would venture a guess on a budget around 400 - 700 USD, but a bit flexible if the reason is valid. Valid as in 240 HZ instead of 144 for a small amount more, not 100 bucks extra for a dragon sticker on the side.

I was very interested in the Samsung Odyssey 32" version, but the recent reports about it´s massive problems makes me think i should ask the people who knows instead of just winging it.
Tnx for reading and stay safe all.

Johan

20191223_202352.jpg

An update with some more meat on the bones.

I have now been eyeing these two for quite some time.

https://www.inet.se/jamfor?compare=2216279&compare=2216597

That is the Samsung 32'' Odyssey C32G75 Curved (1000R) 240 Hz QLED

And 

The Acer 34" Nitro XV340CKP 21:9 IPS 144 Hz

It seems to be a bit of a gamble with the G7, but i have to this point not seen any conclusive issues of said problem, just that some have some problems overall.

As it comes to the Acer one, it´s a bit low on NIT it seems, but ... i am on a 7 year old monitor right now and my comparison may be somewhat lost.

It´s tricky, since i also know i don´t have the most absolute monster of a machine to run it from as well.

ASUS PRIME Z370-A - Intel Core i5 8600K 3.6 GHz 9MB - Corsair Hydro H115i - Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Vengeance RGB - ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC - Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Corsair RM750x 750W - Samsung SSD EVO Basic 840-Series 500GB - Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200rpm 64MB - ASUS 27" VG278HE 144Hz - Samsung TFT 23'' S23A750D LED 120Hz - Windows 10 Eng 64-bit

I just want to be sure i get the most for the buck, and that will last for many years since i´m not made of cash exactly, and only upgrades every 5/7 years or so.

The last purchase left me with backing down to 60 HZ due to monitor not taking DP, so i´m still a bit dodgy on making a mistake nr 2.