Windows install partition extension

Trigonomancer
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
1 minute ago, Trigonomancer said:

Do you have any recommendations in a decent Disk manager? if it's not asking much a free and or open source would be much appreciated.

Partition WIzard or EaseUS both have free versions that should be able to move partitions, though I've not used them myself so can't say much as to how well they work. 

Hello, I tried to separate my windows install from the software for it with a different partition for it called "WSoft" as you can see below, it's just because I was planning on formatting this PC later but I didn't need it anymore and thought this would cut down in setup time since I wouldn't have to install most of my software again, now I just need to extend that install partition but windows wont allow me to.

Disk 0 is a Kingston 111GB SSD;
Disk 1 is a 500GB Toshiba laptop HDD.

The two other partitions are from a Ubuntu install.

image.thumb.png.bb13ec97d9fddd83165333c2216d5096.png

Hi, I am from Brazil and I pretend on building a Ryzen 2200G build. (to convert to Brazil's currency look up <your currcency> to BRL)

In order to extend the partition, the unallocated space needs to be adjacent to the right of the partition you wish to extend. 

As you've got a recovery partition to the right of the C volume, you won't be able to do this through Disk Management or DiskPart, they don't have to features to move around partitions. 

You'd need to use a partition manager to move the recovery partition or move the C partition to the left of the unallocated space. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

In order to extend the partition, the unallocated space needs to be adjacent to the right of the partition you wish to extend. 

As you've got a recovery partition to the right of the C volume, you won't be able to do this through Disk Management or DiskPart, they don't have to features to move around partitions. 

You'd need to use a partition manager to move the recovery partition or move the C partition to the left of the unallocated space. 

Do you have any recommendations in a decent Disk manager? if it's not asking much a free and or open source would be much appreciated.

Hi, I am from Brazil and I pretend on building a Ryzen 2200G build. (to convert to Brazil's currency look up <your currcency> to BRL)

1 minute ago, Trigonomancer said:

Partition WIzard or EaseUS both have free versions that should be able to move partitions, though I've not used them myself so can't say much as to how well they work. 

20 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Worked fine enough, thank you for your response.

This thread will now be closed