Side panel Cutting - UK

SheriffHD

Hey there folks.

I'll keep this as quick and simple, I've put together a rough design.

1899810_10152073083769387_628596025_o.jp

Now my question is this.

Where in Kent, UK if any one knows would I be able to send my current side panel to get this cut.

Also if any one has had this done in the past, would they be able to tell me how much it cost to get this kind of thing done.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Why pay when you can do it yourself? Looks simple enough. Grab a dremel, some time on the weekends, and creativity and you're good to go.

Now if you were to answer my question with: "I'm not comfortable doing it myself." Or "Don't have time." Or "Don't know where to start." Well then my answer to you is that you have to start somewhere. For example: Building a computer is never easy at first. But once you do it yourself, you will feel more accomplished and you will finally have more experience in modding.

Why pay when you can do it yourself? Looks simple enough. Grab a dremel, some time on the weekends, and creativity and you're good to go.

Now if you were to answer my question with: "I'm not comfortable doing it myself." Or "Don't have time." Or "Don't know where to start." Well then my answer to you is that you have to start somewhere. For example: Building a computer is never easy at first. But once you do it yourself, you will feel more accomplished and you will finally have more experience in modding.

I agree with the Dremel, but those letter might be hard to cut with a Dremel. Something that precise might need to be laser cut.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

I agree with the Dremel, but those letter might be hard to cut with a Dremel. Something that precise might need to be laser cut.

Get vinyl stickers. No? Cut out a template of the letters and spray paint it.

Truth is, As much as I wouldn't mind to do it myself, Id rather a proper job as I dont fancy footing the bill when I fuck it up and have to get another side panel to attempt it again. And yes, I want the lettering to be green plexi instead of just a sticker.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Truth is, As much as I wouldn't mind to do it myself, Id rather a proper job as I dont fancy footing the bill when I fuck it up and have to get another side panel to attempt it again. And yes, I want the lettering to be green plexi instead of just a sticker.

Yeah I was thinking you wanted green plexi. You should light it up too, with a diffused piece of plexi behind it. Green lighted letters would look sexy!

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

Hey there folks.

I'll keep this as quick and simple, I've put together a rough design.

1899810_10152073083769387_628596025_o.jp

Now my question is this.

Where in Kent, UK if any one knows would I be able to send my current side panel to get this cut.

Also if any one has had this done in the past, would they be able to tell me how much it cost to get this kind of thing done.

Get it laser cut and glue green plexi over the letters.

There are many places that will do it. You might want to get it painted/powder coated again after you get it cut. The heat from laser cutting can discolour or melt away the paint depending on the thickness of the material. 

http://campbelllasercutters.co.uk/laser-cutting

http://www.specializedcutting.co.uk/

http://www.medwaycutters.co.uk/laser-cutting-engraving-printers-in-kent.shtml

Get it laser cut and glue green plexi over the letters.

There are many places that will do it. You might want to get it painted/powder coated again after you get it cut. The heat from laser cutting can discolour or melt away the paint depending on the thickness of the material. 

http://campbelllasercutters.co.uk/laser-cutting

http://www.specializedcutting.co.uk/

http://www.medwaycutters.co.uk/laser-cutting-engraving-printers-in-kent.shtml

From what I've seen maybe waterjet would be a better idea than laser cutting.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552