Best Socket S1 cpu.

I have a laptop with a socket S1 cpu. I want to upgrade it's Athlon 64 TF-20 1.6 ghz cpu, and i want to know the best soicket S1 cpu. Thanks in advance.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

I have a laptop with a socket S1 cpu. I want to upgrade it's Athlon 64 TF-20 1.6 ghz cpu, and i want to know the best soicket S1 cpu. Thanks in advance.

The fastest mobile processor for socket S1 is TF-38 2.2ghz at 31w.

The TF-20 is only 15w. You are going to more than double your heat output.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The fastest mobile processor for socket S1 is TF-38 2.2ghz at 31w.

The TF-20 is only 15w. You are going to more than double your heat output.

Yay! costom cooling!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Yay! costom cooling!

Well we could go bigger like a dual core, The TL-68.

That's 35w, but realistically closer to 45w under load.

Your board supporting it?? No idea. 50% chance.

6 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Socket S1 is... complicated... in AMD fashion. Many generations of CPU used it.

The higher performer that mechanically fits in it is the AMD Phenom II X4 X940, quad core 2.4 GHz, 45 W behemoth. 

But nearly guaranteed that CPU will not work in your board.

Generally for laptops I stick with the same CPU core, socket revision (S1g1), memory type, and TDP.

That being said, it seems no other CPU performs better and is also a single core Athlon.

4 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Yay! costom cooling!

RIP VRM's

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

2 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Socket S1 is... complicated... in AMD fashion. Many generations of CPU used it.

The higher performer that mechanically fits in it is the AMD Phenom II X4 X940, quad core 2.4 GHz, 45 W behemoth. 

But nearly guaranteed that CPU will not work in your board.

Generally for laptops I stick with the same CPU core, socket revision (S1g1), memory type, and TDP.

That being said, it seems no other CPU performs better and is also a single core Athlon.

RIP VRM's

The Phenom and Turion II mobiles I believe where socket 754 mobile, but don't quote me. I'd have to look and double check that information.

No  

That's Turion 64 (not TII. ) disregard this post lol.

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The Phenom and Turion II mobiles I believe where socket 754 mobile, but don't quote me. I'd have to look and double check that information.

I'm coming at you live right now with a Socket 754 mobile machine. It was used for the 90nm chips, the generation before. In this case, a Turion 64 ML-30.

image.thumb.png.5c068eafc1999d18f0b608917b5a6020.png

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

2 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

I'm coming at you live right now with a Socket 754 mobile machine. It was used for the 90nm chips, the generation before. In this case, a Turion 64 ML-30.

Right, the bad part is I've run myself all these damn platforms also. Not really for daily, but for overclocking.

I did find a validation actually I can link here. 

https://valid.x86.fr/tzhjav

I sadly have no socket 754 hardware. :( Have OCed it plenty though. Even one of the fast chips ;)

11 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Here's mine. https://valid.x86.fr/show_oc.php?id=2458617 well my overclock of it, I haven't the cpu anymore. (ML-30)

38 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Holy shit! That would tske up all of the charger's wattage by itself. Nothing for thst poor gpu, or the system is losing power running.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

• 1 year later...

i foun a 2.9 ghz dual core s1 socket the AMD Phenom II N640 on ebay for like 10 dollars