Single computer on network slow

goneflyin1

Hello all,

I have a single computer on my network, which most of the time is running at around 3.5-5 Mbps down and about 10 up.  Every other device on my network is running at the advertised speeds of my plan (I know super lucky!) which is 50Mbps down and 10 up.  This computer even occasionally will run at the same speeds as the rest of the network, but is usually bogged down.  I tried using M-Lab's Shaper Probe utility and no traffic shaping on the upstream, but it aborts due to packet loss on the downstream.  I have tried reinstalling drivers, and turning off my security program, but no luck.  I've been dealing with Comcast's forum but it's so far been frustrating.  My specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit)

Motorola Surfboard SB6141

Netgear Nighthawk router

Linksys WUSB6300 receiver

The only indication I have is that on occasion I will get an error message stating that another computer is running on the same IP, but I cannot see another in the router page, but when i do an ipconfig /all it went from 2Mbps to 5.  Apologies in advance, networking is not at all my strong suit. 

So an ipconfig /all wont change anything. If you're getting a message saying there's an IP conflict, something about the router giving out DHCP is broke, or you have a computer statically configured with the same address. Better find it ;)

As far as speed itself goes, tried a different cable? How olds the computer? Is it under heavy processor load when you test it?

Edit: Wait no, is it using wireless? Oh then who knows. How far away are you from the router? What are your walls / floors made of?