Durability of JBL Passive Radiators

Here’s a quick question - how durable are the passive radiators in JBL Bluetooth speakers? Will lightly touching them as music is playing damage them? What about throwing the speaker in backpack with other items in it? 
Thanks.

20 minutes ago, zachmullin said:

Here’s a quick question - how durable are the passive radiators in JBL Bluetooth speakers? Will lightly touching them as music is playing damage them? What about throwing the speaker in backpack with other items in it? 
Thanks.

They're pretty indestructible.

JBL stuff is tends to be really well made.

Touching a passive radiator while it's playing music won't do much, It'll just increase the pressure inside the enclosure, and not much else. The worst thing you can do to a passive radiator is puncture it. The radiatior is there to increase the speaker's sensitivity at low frequencies. Removing the air-tight nature of the enclosure makes it pretty useless at it's job.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

I have been using JBL speakers with dual passive radiators for a long time. And they are pretty indestructible, my charge 2+ is still going strong. Whenever I put them in my backpack, I would use some kind of canvas case to protect them for peace of mind though.