Graphics card or Driver issues?

FearTheAsian117

Hi Team,

Specs:

• OS - Windows 10
  • 64 Bit
  • What OS was originaly installed on the system? Windows 10 64 Bit
  • Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from a retailer)? Retail
  • Age of system (hardware): about 8 months
  • Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS: 6 months?
  • CPU model: Ryzen 3900x
  • Video Card model: Nvidia 2070 Super Founders edition
  • MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop): Asrock Taichi x570
  • Power Supply - brand & wattage: Corsair CX 750M
  • BIOS Version: 3.20
  • Monitors: 1x 24in Lenovo 1440p 75hz, 1x 27in MSI 1440p  144hz, 1x Acer Ntrio 1440p 75hz
  • BSOD Error: video_tdr_failure

Context:

For a couple months, usually when a heavy GPU load (I play a game called Eve Online, and usually only happens when running high number of accounts (8)), SOMETIMES, my GPU freaks out. The screens flash, as if the drivers are failing and I can interact with anything out of game and it runs as expected, but if I try to click in game, the process repeats until all clients close I've also gotten a BSOD with error: video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys (Ofc cause I have a nvidia card).

When monitoring before and during this happening, (Using NZXT Cam), my GPU is at about 65% load, however, something odd I noticed is that the power setting turned to %infinity in NZXT when looking at the power limit: https://puu.sh/Gba0s/3494ff291b.png (I could not grab a screenshot at the time, but that's where the change was).

Things I've tried:

Bios update, GPU updates, clean GPU driver installs.

Other things to note: It's not JUST with Eve I've noticed this, it's happen with DOTA, Youtube/Twitch viewing, but Eve is the most common as I suspect that's where I generally put the most load on the GPU for it to happen more often.

Error and file dumps:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LkWGTq1oZxDfY5Pw1Lss8v45DDSbYk60?usp=sharing

Any help is appreciated and I'm happy to clarify further, but this is the best to my ability.

Thanks guys!

RMA the card if you've DDUed the drivers and that didn't help.

That's unfortunate....was hoping I wouldn't have to be without a computer for 1 week considering I have to work from home...

Any other suggestions appreciated, will look into an RMA and/or new GPU.

Was considering bumping up to a 2080ti any way.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I know this is a bit of an old thread but did the RMA fix this issue?  I am running into EXACTLY the same problem (EVE included) with a 2070 (msi).  It started happening after I upgraded to a Ryzen 9 3900XT with 4 monitors (2 @ 144hz 1440p, 2 @ 60hz 1080p).

It was not an issue with the same setup, on my Ryzen 7 3700x (GB x570 Aorus Elite MB).  I actually RMA'd the new processor, and the replacement has the same issue.

Thanks!