Hardware-accelerated GPU Schedueling problem

Jameskojiro
Go to solution Solved by Jameskojiro,

So, even though this issue has been consistent since Hardware-accelerated GPU Schedueling came out, I decided to update my bios that only came out a few days ago. Despite not mentioning anything relating to GPU Schedueling, this fixed the issue perfectly. So I'll leave this here just in case anybody else is in the same boat as me. And yes, this does mean I'm seeing 20-40 fps increase and have no idea why.

I really don't get it.

I see people saying that it doesn't make a big difference for them but when I turn it on I get 30-40 more fps at 1440p. I have no idea why or how, but I'd love to keep it on. Sadly, doing so nukes all other programs, and makes even the most basic of multitasking a studdering mess.

Especially when it comes to video playback, it will studder even though it's buffered well beyond and it doesn't matter what game Im playing (it's not a bandwidth issue). I've even tried turning off Hardware acceleration in the Chrome settings and it just got even worse!

I've tried to google it to no luck, so maybe you guys can tell me how to keep this incredible performance jump and still be able to multitask.

30 minutes ago, Jameskojiro said:

I see people saying that it doesn't make a big difference for them but when I turn it on I get 30-40 more fps at 1440p. I have no idea why or how, but I'd love to keep it on. Sadly, doing so nukes all other programs, and makes even the most basic of multitasking a studdering mess.

In all games or in a specific game? and the difference shouldn't be that big considering how it works, I'd say there are other factors at play

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

So, even though this issue has been consistent since Hardware-accelerated GPU Schedueling came out, I decided to update my bios that only came out a few days ago. Despite not mentioning anything relating to GPU Schedueling, this fixed the issue perfectly. So I'll leave this here just in case anybody else is in the same boat as me. And yes, this does mean I'm seeing 20-40 fps increase and have no idea why.

I really don't get it.