New PC Build Issue

IravageshotI
Go to solution Solved by IravageshotI,

So I ended up wiping my pc and I quickly found out the cause of my Cpu. It was my old hard drive which was causing it. Its now been functionally properly for the most part. It does spike here and there and not to 100% I think I'll just replace the gpu and psu just ensure it runs smoothly. After all I've had my gpu for about 4 years and psu for 6 years. Thanks for all the advice guys! 

Hey guys, I've recently built my new system from my old system and i'm having an issue. My new processor (AMD RYZEN 7 3700X) is spiking at 100% at least every 60 seconds. Its making my computer super slow and unresponsive, it even crashed and it was just doing a backup. Every other part is new apart from the PSU,GPU and 1 of the hard drives and 2 additional fans.  My old system was shutting down, crashing and sometimes the pc would turn on but provide no signal. I had issues with my overclocked intel CPU and and potential RAM which were causing some of the issues. I am concerned I may have a faulty CPU or maybe I haven't updated the drivers properly or something.This problem with my new build has been happening since the first day of boot so it shouldn't be a software issue. Any advice and suggestions?  

i was told it could be my PSU but i was also thinking maybe my parts are too cool, I have 5 fans installed. I haven't downloaded anything new really. Also In task manager there isn't anything in particular that is causing the spike. I have removed all 3rd party anti software and still no luck.Im currently on windows 10. Sorry if posted in wrong place. Im new here.

11 hours ago, LordSuhwan said:

I would try to run a SFC scan to look for any missing/corrupted files in windows just in case. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-sfc-scannow-command-fix-problems-windows-10

I ran the SFC scan and it detected and solved the corrupt files which was great, however it didn't solve my processor issue. I was thinking of starting clean and seeing what happens. If i were to have the same issue what do you think the issue would be? surly it will be a component or two causing the issue right?

So I ended up wiping my pc and I quickly found out the cause of my Cpu. It was my old hard drive which was causing it. Its now been functionally properly for the most part. It does spike here and there and not to 100% I think I'll just replace the gpu and psu just ensure it runs smoothly. After all I've had my gpu for about 4 years and psu for 6 years. Thanks for all the advice guys!