PSU Problem

Bruh1

Hi guys.

I'm in need for some serious help.

I built my pc like 3 4 months ago and it was working flawlessly for this time, and today all of a sudden my psu started making this weird noise like the fan is making sort of a buzzing/like its hitting something noise maybe? i cleaned it with some air and thought the issue was fixed and it came back. the issue happens after like 20 mins of heavy gaming.

What should I do? try to take it a part and clean it correctly ? 

Contact corsair for warranty and send it back?

its a corsair 650 txm psu.

Don't know what to do , is it a heat issue?  i m not sure cause i have 6 fans in my pc and has pretty good airflow.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: psu fan works perfectly fine on light load or gaming for a short time but after a while it makes the noise again. Its weird cause the psu is overspec'd , its a 650w 80+ gold for a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 1650 super.... a system that consumes 200w or something at full load....

Ok I’m not great with this part of pc but from what I have heard NEVER take apart your PSU. In my opinion I would make sure the PSU fans are tightly screwed in And there’s no cables touching the fan. Also use a flash light to see inside it to double check! 

Just now, Joshjb60 said:

Ok I’m not great with this part of pc but from what I have heard NEVER take apart your PSU. In my opinion I would make sure the PSU fans are tightly screwed in And there’s no cables touching the fan. Also use a flash light to see inside it to double check! 

no no no thats not what i meant . i would never take a psu a part , i meant like taking it out of the pc and checking out the fan and stuff and then putting it back in and plugging everything.

Just now, Joshjb60 said:

I currently dont have the screw driver , i will get it tomrrow and remove it from the case i guess :( hopefully it works out.

2 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

no no no thats not what i meant . i would never take a psu a part , i meant like taking it out of the pc and checking out the fan and stuff and then putting it back in and plugging everything.

Oh yes sorry haha. I fully agree with taking it out the pc as it sounds like the fan could of just might of came loose, let me know what the problem was if you find out. 

8 minutes ago, Joshjb60 said:

Oh yes sorry haha. I fully agree with taking it out the pc as it sounds like the fan could of just might of came loose, let me know what the problem was if you find out. 

I'll try to take it out tomorrow. Today has been one of the worst days in my life. Tons and tons of problems at the same time...

3 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

I'll try to take it out tomorrow. Today has been one of the worst days in my life. Tons and tons of problems at the same time...

Honestly same my cpu hit 200c loading up speed fan for some reason. Don’t worry tho man it gets worse before it gets better hopefuly your psu fan is just loose if not I know many websites you can get cheap decent PSUs

1 minute ago, Joshjb60 said:

Honestly same my cpu hit 200c loading up speed fan for some reason. Don’t worry tho man it gets worse before it gets better hopefuly your psu fan is just loose if not I know many websites you can get cheap decent PSUs

Money is tight right now and I was just trying to enjoy my 2 weeks left of vacation before entering med school and forgetting video games and everything. And some bad stuff happened made me lose some money. Just a really really  horrible day... 

Hopefully it'll get better tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

Money is tight right now and I was just trying to enjoy my 2 weeks left of vacation before entering med school and forgetting video games and everything. And some bad stuff happened made me lose some money. Just a really really  horrible day... 

Hopefully it'll get better tomorrow. 

Yeah man agreed money is tight on my end to, if need a chat or anything someone to play games with on steam hit me up at “joshjb60” I have no mic so can’t talk on that but can play anything idm

2 minutes ago, Joshjb60 said:

Yeah man agreed money is tight on my end to, if need a chat or anything someone to play games with on steam hit me up at “joshjb60” I have no mic so can’t talk on that but can play anything idm

Thanks man. I'll see what I can do. But for now can't play video games with this psu going crazy hopefully it will work tomorrow. 

Take care. 

20 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

Thanks man. I'll see what I can do. But for now can't play video games with this psu going crazy hopefully it will work tomorrow. 

Take care. 

You to mate 👍👍

2 hours ago, Bruh1 said:

Hi guys.

I'm in need for some serious help.

I built my pc like 3 4 months ago and it was working flawlessly for this time, and today all of a sudden my psu started making this weird noise like the fan is making sort of a buzzing/like its hitting something noise maybe? i cleaned it with some air and thought the issue was fixed and it came back. the issue happens after like 20 mins of heavy gaming.

What should I do? try to take it a part and clean it correctly ? 

Contact corsair for warranty and send it back?

its a corsair 650 txm psu.

Don't know what to do , is it a heat issue?  i m not sure cause i have 6 fans in my pc and has pretty good airflow.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: psu fan works perfectly fine on light load or gaming for a short time but after a while it makes the noise again. Its weird cause the psu is overspec'd , its a 650w 80+ gold for a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 1650 super.... a system that consumes 200w or something at full load....

Stop the fan when you hear the noise and see if the noise stops as well.

I kind of doubt its actually coming from the fan.