Build Help

Budget (including currency): $1500~ AU

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: lots of games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Whats your guys opinion on this list, i want to keep the case that's it!

For the cpu I would consider getting the ryzen 5 3600, only $40 more

youd be better off going with a 3600 (or 3300x, but the 1600af has more cores). ryzen processors dont need an aftermarket cooler to run smoothly, the stock cooler will do. get a better motherboard with the money youre saving there

however, id suggest waiting till september to build your pc. new generation of GPUs (nvidia 3000 series, amd big navi) and new generation of ryzen 4000 series (zen3) cpus are coming out. for the same price you're paying, you can get much better hardware and performance.

maybe buy things like the monitor now in advance, and save up till the new gen stuff is out :)

edit: get a better cpu with higher wattage for more upgradeablity and silence

edit: why are you getting 2 250GB SSDs?

😕

5 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

youd be better off going with a 3600 (or 3300x, but the 1600af has more cores). ryzen processors dont need an aftermarket cooler to run smoothly, the stock cooler will do. get a better motherboard with the money youre saving there

however, id suggest waiting till september to build your pc. new generation of GPUs (nvidia 3000 series, amd big navi) and new generation of ryzen 4000 series (zen3) cpus are coming out. for the same price you're paying, you can get much better hardware and performance.

maybe buy things like the monitor now in advance, and save up till the new gen stuff is out :)

edit: get a better cpu with higher wattage for more upgradeablity and silence

edit: why are you getting 2 250GB SSDs?

took your words and adj. the list

4 minutes ago, jackowako23 said:

took your words and adj. the list

are you willing to wait? is there an urgency for you to build this pc? keep in mind, waiting for a while could get you rtx2060super performance for the same price youre paying now. same with the processor, you could get a cpu equivalent to a 3600 or 3700x for the same price

😕

7 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

are you willing to wait? is there an urgency for you to build this pc? keep in mind, waiting for a while could get you rtx2060super performance for the same price youre paying now. same with the processor, you could get a cpu equivalent to a 3600 or 3700x for the same price

sorta needing a new pc, current is doing my head in

8 minutes ago, jackowako23 said:

sorta needing a new pc, current is doing my head in

i would consider waiting, or at the least, get a filler cpu and gpu and upgrade once new stuff is out, but if you absolutely need one now,

this build comes with a 5600xt (equivalent to a 2060)

you will get optimum gaming performance with this build, with adequate cooling :D

i had to reduce the hard disk from 2 TB to 1 TB, but managed to put in a 500gb ssd. install the games you play the most along with the OS on the SSD

you could even consider getting a cheaper monitor to fit in a 5700xt, which is 2070super-like performance.

id suggest you go for this

here's a video displaying 5600xt performance vs 1660super performance

edit: consider fitting a ryzen 5 3600 in there, as games will need more cores in the future. 3600 comes with 6 cores, 3300x comes with 4

😕