PowerMac G5 Project Issues

TundraFox275

Hello everyone, my grandfather and I are doing a project similar to LinusTechTips HackPro build, which we are planning on using to build a NAS server. We are currently in the process of building the computer, but are running into some problems. We are trying to mount the motherboard to the case, but the standoffs that the PowerMac used are not going to work with our motherboard, and we can't find any other options online. How did you guys do it with the HackPro, and are there any standoffs you guys would personally recommend. Thanks!

They custom built an entire new plate to carry the mobo.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Ok, thanks. We were planning on reusing the standoffs in the original case, but the screws that the standoffs used are too long to support the motherboard, is there an easy way to find shorter screws that would also be compatible with the standoffs, or is there a place where you can order standoff/screw bundles?

Even though the standoffs are made from aluminum they can be easily removed with some pliers. I did that with my old Mac Pro 2.1.

Then I screwed them into the motherboard and used two component glue to hold them in place afterwards. The motherboard can be removed easily after the glue has cured.