all rog pc build

Budget (including currency): slow and steady

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: top tier gaming, mild streaming

Other details   so I'm slowly buying everything I need for the all rog build linus showed off in a video with the difference being I'm looking at the rog hero XII motherboard with intel i7-10700k, and I'm only going 4x8gb ram rather then the overkill 4x16gb ram (atleast for me) my only issues I'm finding is the asus rtx2080ti is sold out on their site and on amazon I'm only seeing sketchy as hell sellers like 234567 or hotdeal1pro, etc that are shipped and sold by them so not a fan of that, so I thought of going straight from nvidia for the gpu, and when looking up the rog ryujin 360 cooler I'm seeing 2 "different" ones, one thats more then the other and the dimensions are different but nothing else so I'm kinda confused as to which I need. or it'll for sure fit the rog maximus hero xii

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-90RC0020-M0UAY0-Ryujin-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JVQXH8M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1XUMUJHAQMQSC&dchild=1&keywords=rog+ryujin+360&qid=1594719794&s=electronics&sprefix=rog+ryuj%2Celectronics%2C268&sr=1-3

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ROG-360-Radiator-LIVEDASH/dp/B07JHX169J/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1XUMUJHAQMQSC&dchild=1&keywords=rog+ryujin+360&qid=1594719794&s=electronics&sprefix=rog+ryuj%2Celectronics%2C268&sr=1-2

7 minutes ago, CybertechViking said:

so I'm slowly buying everything

That is a terrible idea, as DOA hardware is a thing. Not to mention, depending on the time table, new hardware is around the corner. Buy everything at once, or within a short period of time.

Thats not looking at how "eh" and overpriced some ROG stuff is

14 minutes ago, CybertechViking said:

Budget (including currency): slow and steady

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: top tier gaming, mild streaming

Other details   so I'm slowly buying everything I need for the all rog build linus showed off in a video with the difference being I'm looking at the rog hero XII motherboard with intel i7-10700k, and I'm only going 4x8gb ram rather then the overkill 4x16gb ram (atleast for me) my only issues I'm finding is the asus rtx2080ti is sold out on their site and on amazon I'm only seeing sketchy as hell sellers like 234567 or hotdeal1pro, etc that are shipped and sold by them so not a fan of that, so I thought of going straight from nvidia for the gpu, and when looking up the rog ryujin 360 cooler I'm seeing 2 "different" ones, one thats more then the other and the dimensions are different but nothing else so I'm kinda confused as to which I need. or it'll for sure fit the rog maximus hero xii

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-90RC0020-M0UAY0-Ryujin-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JVQXH8M/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1XUMUJHAQMQSC&dchild=1&keywords=rog+ryujin+360&qid=1594719794&s=electronics&sprefix=rog+ryuj%2Celectronics%2C268&sr=1-3

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ROG-360-Radiator-LIVEDASH/dp/B07JHX169J/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1XUMUJHAQMQSC&dchild=1&keywords=rog+ryujin+360&qid=1594719794&s=electronics&sprefix=rog+ryuj%2Celectronics%2C268&sr=1-2

An all ROG build is a good way to get almost nothing out of your budget. Also, please, wait, new stuff is just around the corner

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned

that is a concern of mine as well, so far I've only bought the ssd, ram, and case so nothing that super close to out date and I will never have the cash for bleeding edge tech as new tech comes out faster and faster so I'm just looking at top tier of today that'll hold me for a few years

Just now, CybertechViking said:

that is a concern of mine as well, so far I've only bought the ssd, ram, and case so nothing that super close to out date and I will never have the cash for bleeding edge tech as new tech comes out faster and faster so I'm just looking at top tier of today that'll hold me for a few years

no, you don't get it, new stuff is literally coming in a few months. ampere (rtx 3xxx) is literally slated to launch in a few months. Please hold on 

true but if it's anything like when the rtx20 series came out it'll be outragously priced and by the time it comes down to something realistic, the new rtx40 or whatever will be right around the corner

2 minutes ago, CybertechViking said:

I will never have the cash for bleeding edge tech as new tech comes out

But you have the cash to spend it all on a ROG look?

Like all we are saying is that stuff is comming in Q4. Since you should allready wait untill you can buy it all at once, why not wait for new hardware?

Also if you have to go with an ROG look, at the very least reconsider some of the components, like PSU or Cooler to other options. 

2 minutes ago, CybertechViking said:

true but if it's anything like when the rtx20 series came out it'll be outragously priced and by the time it comes down to something realistic, the new rtx40 or whatever will be right around the corner

no, not really. we don't live in the 90s anymore. A stage in the hardware cycle lasts for 2-3 years now. Also, send a pcpp list, along with your budget

what I currently have is:

samsung 970 pro 1tb ssd

4x8gb tridentz ram

asus ROG strix helios gx601 case

with looking at i7 10700k

maximus hero xii board

ryujin 360 cooler

rtx 2080ti

rog thor 1200w plat psu

3 minutes ago, CybertechViking said:

sadly I'm a very aesthetic focused idiot

But even if you want that black and RGB look, there are options to look at that will offer what you want. 

3 minutes ago, CybertechViking said:

and don't get me wrong I know going all ROG isn't the best option

Well since you should wait anyways. 

How much do you think the end budget will be?

And since you are waiting, you can plan things like cablemod cables (since you can at the very least eye out a couple of PSUs). 

Just now, CybertechViking said:

samsung 970 pro 1tb ssd

Do you have a usecase for this?

Because i do suggest returning it if possible. New SSDs are around the corner and unless you very specifically need what the 970 pro offers, you should probably look at other options. Because for consumerloads its not actually any faster than other , much much cheaper drives. 

look it'll make everyone happy I'll wait but I'll bet the new gpu alone will cost nearly as much as my entire build plus like I said with bleeding edge tech the rtx2080 came out near the end of 2018 so not even 2yrs as I've always said tech feeds upon it's self, the better our tech gets the faster it'll evolve I bet in 10yrs tech cycles will be 1yr

16 minutes ago, CybertechViking said:

the better our tech gets the faster it'll evolve I bet in 10yrs tech cycles will be 1yr

I mean, maybe, but like they have been slowing down......

16 minutes ago, CybertechViking said:

new gpu alone will cost nearly as much as my entire build plus like I said with bleeding edge tech the rtx2080

Fun fact, at launch the 2080 offerednthe same value as the, at the time, equally priced 1080ti.........