Steam Issue w/ Brand New Laptop

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

As an update to my issue, I've temporarily solved it by participating in the beta program for client updates. Interesting that the full official release has some sort of bug in it but the beta is working perfectly. I'll mark this is as 'solved' even though the reason why it wasn't working in the first place hasn't been, but it's at least functional with this workaround. I'll update again should a real fix be found and in case another user encounters something like this in the future. Thanks to all for the replies and suggestions!

Got a brand new Razer Blade 15 and installed Steam on it. When it launches I get stuck in some kind infinite loop where I can't do anything. I've tried reinstalling Steam, restarting my computer and went so far as to do a complete system reset...nothing appears to be working. I've never encountered anything like this and this is brand new out of the box. Ideas?

EDIT: I tried installing Steam on wife's laptop and am getting the EXACT same thing. Could it be a problem with their client and not my system?

im guessing steam client at this point, just wait it out

13 minutes ago, ChromExe said:

im guessing steam client at this point, just wait it out

Yeah my systems with Steam already installed are not effected, it just seems to be new installs only. So weird!

Hey I just encountered an issue where half of my steam library just wast showing up (in their client). After a reboot all was fine though so I've had some issues as well just putting that out there. (happened about 3 hrs ago)

1 hour ago, BikeSpike said:

Hey I just encountered an issue where half of my steam library just wast showing up (in their client). After a reboot all was fine though so I've had some issues as well just putting that out there. (happened about 3 hrs ago)

Interesting. I've restarted several times and reinstalled Steam several times, and this is on a fresh install of Windows. Not to mention it occurred on a completely different laptop with the exact same error. I just can't imagine what could be happening since I'm grabbing straight from Steam's website. I guess I just gotta wait for some kind of fix since I've determined it isn't my system in particular.

As an update to my issue, I've temporarily solved it by participating in the beta program for client updates. Interesting that the full official release has some sort of bug in it but the beta is working perfectly. I'll mark this is as 'solved' even though the reason why it wasn't working in the first place hasn't been, but it's at least functional with this workaround. I'll update again should a real fix be found and in case another user encounters something like this in the future. Thanks to all for the replies and suggestions!