thinking of dualbooting, hackintosh?

hi everyone! I have a win 7 64 bit machine and want to get into video and photography. my friend has a Macbook pro, he uses the mac side for prof. work and win 8 for gaming. he pledges by the mac software being better to the point he dualboots.

anyway, i have a Ga-z77-ds3h mobo, a i5-3570K, 8 gigs of corsair xms3 ram, a asus 2gb HD7770, and 1 tb green drive WD. 

any help or pointers or right direction would be great!

Get your friend's Macbook Pro

Download OS X Mavericks update, but do NOT install it

Create account at TonyMacX86 and download Unibeast

Make USB flash drive (requires 8GB+) using Unibeast

Boot off it on your PC

Install

Download Multibeast

Install proper drivers

Download and install bootloader

And this is it in a nutshell. There are plenty of people around the TonyMacx86 forums that would be happy to help, and some of us here as well. I think Nicholas Marzio would be fine with helping.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Get your friend's Macbook Pro

Download OS X Mavericks update, but do NOT install it

Create account at TonyMacX86 and download Unibeast

Make USB flash drive (requires 8GB+) using Unibeast

Boot off it on your PC

Install

Download Multibeast

Install proper drivers

Download and install bootloader

And this is it in a nutshell. There are plenty of people around the TonyMacx86 forums that would be happy to help, and some of us here as well. I think Nicholas Marzio would be fine with helping.

...not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I had to use my teachers macbook to open a presentation, i plugged in a flashdrive and nothing happened i was so lost. cant really call yourself a teckie if you cant even do that. thank you very much!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php will help lots of info there and you having a gigabyte board is also a very good thing for a hackintosh.

thank you! defiantly will take a look .

...not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I had to use my teachers macbook to open a presentation, i plugged in a flashdrive and nothing happened i was so lost. cant really call yourself a teckie if you cant even do that. thank you very much!

thank you! defiantly will take a look .

The only bigger problem you could face, is wifi. I would not rely on wifi if you are using a hackintosh ;)

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

The only bigger problem you could face, is wifi. I would not rely on wifi if you are using a hackintosh ;)

I use wifi. is it that it flat out doesn't work? i have 3 different wifi adapters so if its just drivers are lacking, im sure one of them will work

I use wifi. is it that it flat out doesn't work? i have 3 different wifi adapters so if its just drivers are lacking, im sure one of them will work

So USB ones should work fine, just PCIe is a real mess.

So USB ones should work fine, just PCIe is a real mess.

okay great! yeah, i have 3 usb ones because of my raspberry pi. how do you like your hackintosh? Im planning win 8.1/maverick 

okay great! yeah, i have 3 usb ones because of my raspberry pi. how do you like your hackintosh? Im planning win 8.1/maverick 

I just love it. I personally use Windows 8.1 pro and Mavericks. And it works just fine. Had no issue till now