Wireless Gaming Headset

Scottland567
Go to solution Solved by Tigerleon,
36 minutes ago, Scottland567 said:

Always wanted a pair of DT990's, only trouble is that they don't have a detachable cable, might sound silly, but its a big turn off for me.  But then again they are pretty reasonably priced so might be worth it.

They absolutely are... I have them myself. I use them  daily for gaming. Sounds amazing. They will suit your fiio amp. If the treble is too bright for you get EQ apo and PC EQ programs. All parts are servicable and replacable so you can even buy another replacement cable and fix them if something happens to them. Although it is a bit tricky since you have to screw the cans open and remove the cable and like fix the other cable. I don't really know how it works since I've not needed to do it.

Hey guys, for about 2 years now, Ive been using some AKG K7XX's for my gaming, I love them but I wanted something a little more practical so I went for a wireless pair.  I bought the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless and to me, they sound a little muffled and generally dull with a small soundstage.  I was wondering if anyone with experience with these headsets thinks I would get a little more farmiliar experience if I was to return them and buy a pair of Seinheisser GSP 670 Wireless.  I know the audio will likely never touch a wired set, but I'm curious if I can get something a little more suited to me.

Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Scottland567 said:

Hey guys, for about 2 years now, Ive been using some AKG K7XX's for my gaming, I love them but I wanted something a little more practical so I went for a wireless pair.  I bought the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless and to me, they sound a little muffled and generally dull with a small soundstage.  I was wondering if anyone with experience with these headsets thinks I would get a little more farmiliar experience if I was to return them and buy a pair of Seinheisser GSP 670 Wireless.  I know the audio will likely never touch a wired set, but I'm curious if I can get something a little more suited to me.

Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

All "gaming" headphones don't have that good clarity sometimes. The muffled sound as you describe it is most likely the overpower of bass and not a good driver. Your AKGs were fine. You shouldn't have bought wireless headphones since the audio quality even worsens more. If you are bored with your AKGs get some other headphones. I suggest beyerdynamic's headphones. Especially the dt 770 pro 80 ohm for gaming. The dt 990 250ohm if you are up to spending almost 100 dollars on an amp/dac.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Just now, Tigerleon said:

All "gaming" headphones don't have that good clarity sometimes. The muffled sound as you describe it is most likely the overpower of bass and not a good driver. Your AKGs were fine. You shouldn't have bought wireless headphones since the audio quality even worsens more. If you are bored with your AKGs get some other headphones. I suggest beyerdynamic's headphones. Especially the dt 770 pro 80 ohm for gaming. The dt 990 250ohm if you are up to spending almost 100 dollars on an amp/dac.

I already run my K7XX's with a Fiio K5 Pro, and I still have them, just wanted something a little more convenient as the wires often get tangled.  I guess I thought Seinheisser might have had some better quality due to their background etc.  

Just now, Scottland567 said:

I already run my K7XX's with a Fiio K5 Pro, and I still have them, just wanted something a little more convenient as the wires often get tangled.  I guess I thought Seinheisser might have had some better quality due to their background etc.  

Yeah I get that. I've tried the GSP headphones and they sound very muffled and dull with literally no soundstage whatsoever. That is just my experience. Yours may vary but I'd certaintly look into more wired options if I were you because the audio quality isn't as good as wireless.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

9 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Yeah I get that. I've tried the GSP headphones and they sound very muffled and dull with literally no soundstage whatsoever. That is just my experience. Yours may vary but I'd certaintly look into more wired options if I were you because the audio quality isn't as good as wireless.

Always wanted a pair of DT990's, only trouble is that they don't have a detachable cable, might sound silly, but its a big turn off for me.  But then again they are pretty reasonably priced so might be worth it.

36 minutes ago, Scottland567 said:

They absolutely are... I have them myself. I use them  daily for gaming. Sounds amazing. They will suit your fiio amp. If the treble is too bright for you get EQ apo and PC EQ programs. All parts are servicable and replacable so you can even buy another replacement cable and fix them if something happens to them. Although it is a bit tricky since you have to screw the cans open and remove the cable and like fix the other cable. I don't really know how it works since I've not needed to do it.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

2 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

Damn man you got me, Arctis Pro refunded and DT990's coming tomorrow.