Usb Headphone Mic Not Working

Hey there LTT peoples! I recently decided to try Pop_OS beacuse LTT did a video on it and I want to get away from windows. Install went great, but for some reason the microphone on my headset does not show up! In Pulse Audio, it is not there. I in alsa device list it shows there are two devies but for one there is 0/1 sub device. The headset is a HyperX Alpha S. I would hate to not try Linux because my headset of all things is not compatible. Cheers!

57 minutes ago, RandomTechPerson said:

Hey there LTT peoples! I recently decided to try Pop_OS beacuse LTT did a video on it and I want to get away from windows. Install went great, but for some reason the microphone on my headset does not show up! In Pulse Audio, it is not there. I in alsa device list it shows there are two devies but for one there is 0/1 sub device. The headset is a HyperX Alpha S. I would hate to not try Linux because my headset of all things is not compatible. Cheers!

A quick google search says Ubuntu is on kernel 5.4, so I would assume PopOS! is also on 5.4

This is a bug that was fixed in kernel 5.7, you can check your kernel version with uname -r

You may be able to use mainline to update your kernel, possibly to 5.7.6. https://github.com/bkw777/mainline

Edited by Nayr438
Found Ubuntu Kernel Utility

7 minutes ago, RandomTechPerson said:

Is there another version of linux that has that new kernal?

5.7 is very recent so you'll need to use a rolling release distribution. Here are a few you might want to look at. If you prefer a release based distribution you can wait for Fedora 32 to add support for 5.7, it shouldn't be more than a week or two.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Manjaro Ships 5.4 by default I believe, but you can use there built in kernel utility to upgrade to a more recent kernel.

• 10 months later...

Hey all was this ever resolved? I'm on 5.11 in pop OS and I'm not able to see my shure usb mic. It dosnt show in input or output devices. When i run lsusb i can see the shure, i'm new just trying out linux and so far its awesome except this issue.

Thanks everyone

image.png.1af730f0f5e65759f045a459e7dc0419.png