Looking for PC Upgrade Suggestions

Mist19

Budget (including currency): £1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly AAA/open world/RPG gaming

Other details

Current components: CPU i5-4590k @4.1GHz, RAM: 8GB DDR3, GPU: R9 290x, Case: NZXT H510, PSU: Corsair RMx 750

I’m using two 1080p monitors One 60Hz one 144Hz

I plan on upgrading the CPU/mobo/ram pretty much straight away and the GPU in the next month.

I’m looking at getting:

CPU: 3700x - Im struggling to justify going for a better cpu (10700k or 3900x)

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk max

RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: RX 5700XT or RTX 2060 super

I’m considering upgrading a monitor to 1440p so confirmation that this is suitable would be nice.

I’m fairly confident that this will run what I want to but any Suggestions/improvements within my budget would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Mist19 said:

Budget (including currency): £1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly AAA/open world/RPG gaming

Other details

Current components: CPU i5-4590k @4.1GHz, RAM: 8GB DDR3, GPU: R9 290x, Case: NZXT H510

I’m using two 1080p monitors One 60Hz one 144Hz

I plan on upgrading the CPU/mobo/ram pretty much straight away and the GPU in the next month.

I’m looking at getting:

CPU: 3700x - Im struggling to justify going for a better cpu (10700k or 3900x)

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk max

RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: RX 5700XT or RTX 2060 super

I’m considering upgrading a monitor to 1440p so confirmation that this is suitable would be nice.

I’m fairly confident that this will run what I want to but any Suggestions/improvements within my budget would be appreciated.

Why don't you wait like the couple hours for the MSI b550 MAG tomahawk to be releases as that will support gen 4

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

8 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

Why don't you wait like the couple hours for the MSI b550 MAG tomahawk to be releases as that will support gen 4

The B450 version supports Gen 4. The B550 is also £180 so there might be better options for less.

15 minutes ago, gloop said:

What’s your current PSU?

Corsair RMx 750

2 minutes ago, Rancidpunk said:

If you are just gaming this bundle from scan.co.uk is pretty good for a 10600k, mobo and ram 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-z490-hardware-bundle-intel-core-i5-10600k-comet-lake-asus-prime-z490-p-16gb-ddr4

Does this offer anything better than what I was looking at? The prices are fairly similar to what I was thinking about going with so could be an option

5 minutes ago, Rancidpunk said:

If you are just gaming this bundle from scan.co.uk is pretty good for a 10600k, mobo and ram 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-z490-hardware-bundle-intel-core-i5-10600k-comet-lake-asus-prime-z490-p-16gb-ddr4

Pretty good how ? A 6 core cpu, a Z490 board and 16GB Ram for £580 is crap value for money. You would still need a cooler on top of that.

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Pretty good how ? A 6 core cpu, a Z490 board and 16GB Ram for £580 is crap value for money. You would still need a cooler on top of that.

It's the better cpu for his use case scenario, he does explain that his system is for gaming for which the 10600k is a lot better than the 3700x and the op doesn't seem to require 8 cores.

No need to jump on anything that isn't AMD as an option.

4 minutes ago, Rancidpunk said:

It's the better cpu for his use case scenario, he does explain that his system is for gaming for which the 10600k is a lot better than the 3700x and the op doesn't seem to require 8 cores.

No need to jump on anything that isn't AMD as an option.

How is it better exactly ? The op has a 5700XT or 2060 Super as the gpu. Maybe if he had a 2080 Super or 2080 ti then sure. Also the savings by going AMD could mean a better gpu in the first place.