Crazy Question regarding EGPU

claro

Hi this is my first topic here and i had a question about External GPU 

now i have Zotac magnus en72080v  the one that has rtx 2080 mobile inside and for some reason zotac decided to not make this future prof and did not put a thunderbolt 3 inside so i was searching for a sneaky way to use EGPU and i found that there are adapters that use the wifi socket to use EGPU and others use M.2 so i was think is it applicable to use the optane memory socket  ( that is found in the zbox ) for EGPU 

and thank you   

I would not recommend it because you would have to literally cut a whole in the bottom of the case and also if the connection is too far away from the CPU it wont work because the connection is not strong enough. if you want more information go onto the LTT video that was done a while ago on it.

55 minutes ago, claro said:

Hi this is my first topic here and i had a question about External GPU 

now i have Zotac magnus en72080v  the one that has rtx 2080 mobile inside and for some reason zotac decided to not make this future prof and did not put a thunderbolt 3 inside so i was searching for a sneaky way to use EGPU and i found that there are adapters that use the wifi socket to use EGPU and others use M.2 so i was think is it applicable to use the optane memory socket  ( that is found in the zbox ) for EGPU 

and thank you   

“The wifi socket” is vague as is m.2 with no key after it.  I’m not sure what “optane memory socket” is in this case.  Some optane uses nvme m.2 “m” key. Which is 4 pcie lanes more or less the same as thunderbolt 3.  The thing about the concept of egpus in general is the cable creates latency and bandwidth limitations regardless of its nature. I don’t know what the “2080 mobile” is as there are a bunch of those.  Thunderbolt 3 egpus can’t actually deal with more bandwidth than produced by an rx580, and they do it with serious latency problems on top.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.