CPU - Ryzen 3600

CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U14S

GPU - 5700 XT

GPU Support - MNPC Tech bracket 

Storage - Viper Patriot 2TB M.2

PSU - EVGA G5 750

Fans - Be Quite PWM

IMG_20200613_184521~2.jpg

What is the black thing below the gpu bolted to the pcie slot connector?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Synthetic-Pulse said:

$50?!  I’ll drill some holes in a paint stick I think.  It’s an interesting concept though.  I’ve thought for some time that the real solution to hot video cards is some sort of really seriously thick cooler.  SLI is dead so there’s little reason not to use up the space.  4 or 5 slots would mean you could do a push pull blower style with 120mm fans front to back.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

$50?!  I’ll drill some holes in a paint stick I think.  It’s an interesting concept though.  I’ve thought for some time that the real solution to hot video cards is some sort of really seriously thick cooler.  SLI is dead so there’s little reason not to use up the space.  4 or 5 slots would mean you could do a push pull blower style with 120mm fans front to back.  

It's not for heat, it's to support the GPU from sagging

5 minutes ago, Synthetic-Pulse said:

It's not for heat, it's to support the GPU from sagging

I’m aware. No fans on it at all.  It’s just a stick of aluminum.  It really points out though that a 4 or 5 slot card has space though

10 hours ago, Synthetic-Pulse said:

-snip-

You might want to invest in good quality flush cutters...the cable tie on the GPU power input is cut horribly. How does it look behind the side panel?

Also, look at the sub-forum rules...is this only a first step? Typically this should be a log with additional photos and a written log.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:37 AM, kkpatel87 said:

You might want to invest in good quality flush cutters...the cable tie on the GPU power input is cut horribly. How does it look behind the side panel?

Also, look at the sub-forum rules...is this only a first step? Typically this should be a log with additional photos and a written log.

My case dose not have a window

I really like that GPU support.  It look super clean.  I'm considering ordering one now.  

ALL AMD ALL THE TIME: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill RAM | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Motherboard | Powercolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME Boot Drive | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO Game Drive | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Black Case | Corsair RM750 Power Supply | Corsair H150i Pro 360mm Liquid Cooler | 7x Noctua NF-P12 120mm PWM Fans | Acer XV272U 27" 1440p 144hz IPS & VG270U 27" 1440p 75hz IPS | Logitech G610 Keyboard, Z625 2.1 Speakers, C920 Webcam | Glorious Gaming Model D Mouse | Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface | Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone | Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro Headset | Kingston Cloud Revolver S Headset |Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

Main hoe turned side piece NAS/HTPC/f@h slampig: Intel i7 4790k under Corsair H105 | ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 | 32GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballastix | EVGA GTX 1070 SC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SATA drive | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | NZXT H440 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | 55" Samsung 4K QLED

Support Stack:  Cyberpower 1300VA UPS backup | Google Nest Wifi + Gigabit Fiber Internet | Raspberry Pi 3 pihole | 2x Unmanaged Netgear GS308 Switches

Pre-ordered and on it's way:  Ducky Mecha Mini v2 w/ Cherry Browns.  On the road to De-Logiteching my rig.  Keyboard/Mouse down.  Webcam/Speakers to go.

14 minutes ago, Mazdaspeeding said:

I really like that GPU support.  It look super clean.  I'm considering ordering one now.  

Strikes me as really expensive for what is effectively just a metal bar.  It’s your money and your machine though.

Quality costs money.  Not everything is a race to the bottom.  Not one component in my system was picked because it was the cheapest.  Why should a GPU support be any different?

EDIT:  I've also bought "just metal bars" for my car that were much more expensive.  Engineering costs money.  I'd hate to be the guy above with a paint stick in their rig.  Sheesh.

ALL AMD ALL THE TIME: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill RAM | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Motherboard | Powercolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME Boot Drive | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO Game Drive | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Black Case | Corsair RM750 Power Supply | Corsair H150i Pro 360mm Liquid Cooler | 7x Noctua NF-P12 120mm PWM Fans | Acer XV272U 27" 1440p 144hz IPS & VG270U 27" 1440p 75hz IPS | Logitech G610 Keyboard, Z625 2.1 Speakers, C920 Webcam | Glorious Gaming Model D Mouse | Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface | Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone | Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro Headset | Kingston Cloud Revolver S Headset |Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

Main hoe turned side piece NAS/HTPC/f@h slampig: Intel i7 4790k under Corsair H105 | ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 | 32GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballastix | EVGA GTX 1070 SC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SATA drive | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | NZXT H440 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | 55" Samsung 4K QLED

Support Stack:  Cyberpower 1300VA UPS backup | Google Nest Wifi + Gigabit Fiber Internet | Raspberry Pi 3 pihole | 2x Unmanaged Netgear GS308 Switches

Pre-ordered and on it's way:  Ducky Mecha Mini v2 w/ Cherry Browns.  On the road to De-Logiteching my rig.  Keyboard/Mouse down.  Webcam/Speakers to go.

46 minutes ago, Mazdaspeeding said:

Quality costs money.  Not everything is a race to the bottom.  Not one component in my system was picked because it was the cheapest.  Why should a GPU support be any different?

EDIT:  I've also bought "just metal bars" for my car that were much more expensive.  Engineering costs money.  I'd hate to be the guy above with a paint stick in their rig.  Sheesh.

As the guy who would be the one putting the paint stick in their rig i might point out that engineering isn’t about making something hold up its about making it barely hold up but doing it every time.  

I also don’t do glass side panels so how something looks inside the case is unimportant to me.  I can hide crimes.  Would a paint stick be an aesthetic crime?  Probably.  Especially if it was a used paint stick.  To do such a thing and make it visually pleasing it would need to be sanded stained and probably cut at the appropriate angle.  Myself I don’t need to do any of those things.

It’s all about what you want and need.  Our wants and needs are different.

A 3mm x 30mm aluminum bar is going to hold a lot.  Screws will give way before the bar will.  All the thing has to do is brace the gpu.  A few ounces.  It’s more than I need.  I think it could be done with a stamped piece of painted metal too.  Less cost but more tooling.  The advantage of Milled aluminum is it needs no tooling.  Might not be enough demand for them.  The wood might turn out to be too thick and I’d have to get longer screws.  I don’t know.  

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

As the guy who would be the one putting the paint stick in their rig i might point out that engineering isn’t about making something hold up its about making it barely hold up but doing it every time.  

I also don’t do glass side panels so how something looks is unimportant to me.

It’s all about what you want and need.  Our wants and needs are different.

A 3mm x 30mm aluminum bar is going to hold a lot.  Screws will give way before the bar will.  All the thing has to do is brace the gpu.  A few ounces.  It’s more than I need.

I can never tell what your point is.  You talk one thing down and then seemingly talk it up again.  And half the time it's only tangentially related to the topic at hand.

2 minutes ago, Mazdaspeeding said:

I can never tell what your point is.  You talk one thing down and then seemingly talk it up again.  And half the time it's only tangentially related to the topic at hand.

My point is $50 for a piece of metal bar seems like a lot. Even a pretty piece of metal bar.  It’s way way over built for the job it’s doing.