How can I set up two routers to the same connection?

I've heard a lot of terms thrown around while looking into this but seems to be that I'm out of my depth here with networking. (not my specialty)
I have two Huawei routers. One spare from an old connection (HG8246H), and another that was set up for our wifi last week (HG8245W5).

My updstairs roommates can't access the wifi so I'm trying to use the spare to set up an Access point for them with an ethernet cable.

Could someone offer some help?

Edit: The main issue seems to be that the WAN page doesnt show me anything and doesnt offer any options to create either

Ok then... Huawei won’t let you view the manual or quick start guide without logging in with an account... anyway most routers have an option to set it up in Access Point mode. I don’t have any experience with Huawei routers though so I wouldn’t know where to find it in settings or if they even have such a mode.

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

Ok then... Huawei won’t let you view the manual or quick start guide without logging in with an account... anyway most routers have an option to set it up in Access Point mode. I don’t have any experience with Huawei routers though so I wouldn’t know where to find it in settings or if they even have such a mode.

So i digged up some stuff on how I can do that and did the following:

1: Reset
2: Change LAN IP to 192.168.1.200
3. Turned off DHCP (there were three tick boxes, not a single button)

what happened was that the router seems to crash. cant access the admin page, cant even connect because the IP seems to not be discoverable

I think I will dig up another router that I have in a box somewhere and try with that and maybe I'll have better luck

21 hours ago, Casual Cube said:

So i digged up some stuff on how I can do that and did the following:

1: Reset
2: Change LAN IP to 192.168.1.200
3. Turned off DHCP (there were three tick boxes, not a single button)

what happened was that the router seems to crash. cant access the admin page, cant even connect because the IP seems to not be discoverable

I think I will dig up another router that I have in a box somewhere and try with that and maybe I'll have better luck

Once you've turned off DHCP you need to then plug it into your main router (via a LAN port on the second router, not the WAN port) so your computer can get an IP address, as you've just disabled the second router from giving them out.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7