Upgrading my PC

Budget (including currency): 330pounds

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Warzone, adobe illustrator, league of legends, apex legends, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi there,

I built a pc quite a long time ago with a 350 pound budget, but now I have some money that I have saved up to upgrade my PC. 

The existing parts:

Intel Pentium G4400 3.3 GHz Dual-Core Processor

MSI Z170A PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Crucial 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2133 CL15 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB Superclocked Video Card

EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

I am thinking whether I should replace the motherboard with a b450 board and buy a ryzen 3 3300x with maybe a 1650 super or a radeon rx 570 and add 2x4 gb of ram. But now having heard of b550 boards and ryzen 4000 should i wait until coronavirus has passed to buy the pc parts?

What suggestions do you have for a 300pound upgrade?

If you can wait, do. New stuff is just around the corner and you could probably get a b550 and Ryzen 3 and possibly a budget gpu. You can wait a bit to upgrade ram.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Thanks, b550 boards are coming on the 16th right, and 4000 series should be coming in october?

3 minutes ago, LeviWalcotts said:

Thanks, b550 boards are coming on the 16th right, and 4000 series should be coming in october?

they should be available at those dates, if there are no delays

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

If you want to get the most bang for your buck, I′d also recommend you wait until the end of this year. New GPUs from Nvidia and AMD are about to launch and they are rumored to be incredible. New AMD CPUs are also going to come out pretty soon.

22 minutes ago, LeviWalcotts said:

What suggestions do you have for a 300pound upgrade?

You could definitely go for a SSD. That will make your PC feel way faster (although it won't make it game faster)

Usually I'd say just go for an cheap used i5 or i7, but they are still pretty expensive.

Otherwise, if you plan to get a PC right now, your plan is fine. But the new generation of games, that comes out, might be way more CPU intensive (the console will basically have a lower clocked version of the ryzen 7 3700x) so you can expect to upgrade your config again in like 3 years or so, if you want to have chance at running the newest games (maybe the GPU will also be somewhat of a problem ._.)

But it will play everything you listed perfectly!

56 minutes ago, adm0n said:

If you want to get the most bang for your buck, I′d also recommend you wait until the end of this year. New GPUs from Nvidia and AMD are about to launch and they are rumored to be incredible. New AMD CPUs are also going to come out pretty soon.

You could definitely go for a SSD. That will make your PC feel way faster (although it won't make it game faster)

Usually I'd say just go for an cheap used i5 or i7, but they are still pretty expensive.

Otherwise, if you plan to get a PC right now, your plan is fine. But the new generation of games, that comes out, might be way more CPU intensive (the console will basically have a lower clocked version of the ryzen 7 3700x) so you can expect to upgrade your config again in like 3 years or so, if you want to have chance at running the newest games (maybe the GPU will also be somewhat of a problem ._.)

But it will play everything you listed perfectly!

I agree actually because the prices of parts right now are fluctuating because of all this coronavirus and by the end of the year with hopefully it having ended and the new gpus and cpus, I'd be getting the best bang for my buck.

If you Want to upgrade can buy the i3-9400F because Intel dropped the price to under 100 pounds. Take a cheap RX 570 or 580 and there may be enough for an SSD like adm0n said.

8 hours ago, koptr said:

If you Want to upgrade can buy the i3-9400F because Intel dropped the price to under 100 pounds. Take a cheap RX 570 or 580 and there may be enough for an SSD like adm0n said.

Don't buy a Core i-9000! I just forgot about the new LGA 1151v2 socket (Why couldn't Intel just leave the old socket or Name it 1152?). You would have to buy a Core i-7000 or Core i-6000 and may need a BIOS update.

18 hours ago, koptr said:

Just realized the CPU's name is i3-9100F...