High Ram Usage But Processes Usage Doesnt Add up

Hey everyone

I've been having this problem for a long time where i don't know what to do where my ram usage is very high while the programs' usages don't add up to it

This happens all the time while I'm casually browsing on Edge or Chrome and it would reach 60-70% where I only have a browser, Spotify, steam and discord
or while I'm playing a game which would cause lag spikes due to 99% Ram Usage, I really don't know what is causing this I need your help

or is this just normal and I need to upgrade to 16GB ram??

My Specs:
Intel Core i3-8100 3.60GHz
Crucial (2x4) 8GB DDR4 2400MHZ

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

The Following Screenshot is When browsing with 4 tabs and having spotify, steam and discord open in the background

Task Manager while Browsing.jpg

I think its not ur ram thats the problem. I had same problem because google chrome used to eat almost all  of my ram usage alone and i had 16 gb ram ( 8x2). Try to  disable some of the program from startup which u dnt need on startup.

Disable the programs u dnt use permanently.

This may help in ur case.

Use ccleaner. clean the registries and try to limit the startup programs fromm the tools menu

Try using Resource Monitor to review the memory usage in detail.   Task Manager doesn't show all processes.

Well the thing is it says i am using 5GB/8GB but when you add up the processes they barely take around 1GB