x370 UPGRADE

Hey fellas,

Everyone's good?

I'm from Brazil and I recently purchased a 3800x to replace my current R7 2700. The CPU has not arrived yet. Thing is: I have a BIOSTAR X370 GT7.  

The 3800x should probably work fine with this board, but I'm concerned with ram speed issues, right now I can't post past 2966mhz and they are Micron D die. I think that is because of the 2700 and, with the 3800x, things will probably be better, or I'm wrong?

So, considering the worst case scenario where this is not going to work as expected, I started considering a MOBO upgrade, but there is a catch: The prices today are going full crazy here, and a so so so MOBO is costing 3x the price I paid for the one that I have here. 

Will a entry-level x570 be better than a x370 that has superior components, but inferior software?

Thanks in advance and sorry for any mispelling. 

I would just keep the 370x. The ram speed can be couple of issues, maybe you dont give enough voltage, maybe too tight of timings?  But ryzen 3000 should be a bit better with ram speeds too. Also 2933 is pretty good already, what speed are you trying to achieve?

We are pretty much at the end of the Ryzen AM4 upgrade cycle, i wouldnt buy a new motherboard, especially for these prices. Keep the money for the AM5 socket next year. 

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

third gen Ryzen is better with ram speed

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

I would just keep the 370x. The ram speed can be couple of issues, maybe you dont give enough voltage, maybe too tight of timings? Also 2933 is pretty good already, what speed are you trying to achieve?

We are pretty much at the end of the Ryzen AM4 upgrade cycle, i wouldnt buy a new motherboard, especially for these prices. Keep the money for the AM5 socket next year. 

Hi,

The reason I'm upgrading is mainly because of my monitor's refresh rate, and because of that, I'm targetting 155fps and the 2700 is letting me a little disappointed.

I managed to get the ram to post at 3066mhz but I had to put 1.4V and loose the timings to 18-20-20-40. So no performance gains whatsoever. I have increased the SoC voltage as well, but no real difference. Maybe my 2700 is not a good chip. 

Thank you for your attention.

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yea, I'm hoping so. 

Thank you guys for the answers.

1 minute ago, PossessedSonyDiscman said:

Hi,

The reason I'm upgrading is mainly because of my monitor's refresh rate, and because of that, I'm targetting 155fps and the 2700 is letting me a little disappointed.

I managed to get the ram to post at 3066mhz but I had to put 1.4V and loose the timings to 18-20-20-40. So no performance gains whatsoever. I have increased the SoC voltage as well, but no real difference. Maybe my 2700 is not a good chip. 

Thank you for your attention.

Yea, I'm hoping so. 

Thank you guys for the answers.

Yeah, ryzen 3800x should suit you nice, it is a really nice chip.

With the 3700x i was able to easily use 3600mhz on my ram, while on the r7 1700 i was stuck on 2933, so i hope the same gainz for you too!

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.