MSI GL65 Leopard

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,

Quality is horrible, cooling is poor, the fans are EXTREMELY loud and whiney, the PCB design is atrocious and the overall chassis is as cheap as a Chromebook. Avoid it.

Get an Asus A15 or Lenovo Legion 5 with a Ryzen 5/7 4000 series. They run very cool and offer MUCH better quality internals

Has anyone used this laptop yet?  I need a little comment on it

Screenshot_20200601_110925_com.android.chrome.jpg

Quality is horrible, cooling is poor, the fans are EXTREMELY loud and whiney, the PCB design is atrocious and the overall chassis is as cheap as a Chromebook. Avoid it.

Get an Asus A15 or Lenovo Legion 5 with a Ryzen 5/7 4000 series. They run very cool and offer MUCH better quality internals

14 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I also tried to choose one of the other two laptops, but the screen is the point I don't like about them, and also some of the heat dissipation issues.

11 minutes ago, DatLe said:

I also tried to choose one of the other two laptops, but the screen is the point I don't like about them, and also some of the heat dissipation issues.

They both run very cool and quiet compared to most models. Not sure what you're talking about. Gaming laptops will always make noise and reach mid 80s but the MSI model runs EXTREMELY loud and in the mid 90s. That's bad.

As for the screen, unless you're working on photographs professionally, the 144Hz displays in the A15 and Legion 5 are very good. For gaming, they're excellent. The MSI's panel is a shitty TN display with some horrible colors so I'm not sure why you'd want that.

13 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

They both run very cool and quiet compared to most models. Not sure what you're talking about. Gaming laptops will always make noise and reach mid 80s but the MSI model runs EXTREMELY loud and in the mid 90s. That's bad.

As for the screen, unless you're working on photographs professionally, the 144Hz displays in the A15 and Legion 5 are very good. For gaming, they're excellent. The MSI's panel is a shitty TN display with some horrible colors so I'm not sure why you'd want that.

I don't know if you're mistaken but the MSI uses an IPS panel

1 hour ago, DatLe said:

I don't know if you're mistaken but the MSI uses an IPS panel

That's not an IPS panel, it's an "IPS-level" TN which just means viewing angles are ever so slightly better than a typical TN.