Fun little programs (java)

mockedarche

So last semester of college I "learned" java. I know it a fair bit enough to really start coding. I made a sorting "program" that reads in a file and then places each line based on the first letter into a new file. It then reads in each of these new Char files and sorts it then outputs it to a final file in order. I went through quiet a few iterations to make it faster and simply put I want some things I can code out that are interesting but not extreme. I'm not trying to make anymore guis but overall shoot any ideas you got. Remember I learned all I know in a semester lol. Thank you!

How about something that can generate file hashes and then compare them later? You would have to research how to get a hash from a file, how to store those, how to align the files later and compare. You could then extend and improve it i.e. by adding multi threading.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:49 PM, Lordess said:

How about something that can generate file hashes and then compare them later? You would have to research how to get a hash from a file, how to store those, how to align the files later and compare. You could then extend and improve it i.e. by adding multi threading.

That actually sounds quite interesting. Thank you