AMD Memory Frequencty

So I have this setup AMD Ryzen 5 2600, B450 Aorus Pro WiFi planning to upgrade my memory with G Skillz Trident RGB 2x8 8gb 3200mhz. I heard if I use the 4 slot of my board's memory socket it will not run max frequency (3200mhz) for the memory module. So what if I only used two slots (1st and 3rd slot) will the 3200mhz will run or it will decrease the frequency?

The reason why you might not be able to get to the 3200 mhz mark with 4 sticks is because of the imc of zen + 

But for the most part you should be able to atleast get 3000 with quad memory 

32 minutes ago, ZixteE said:

1st and 3rd slot

No it's slot 2 and 4 for dual channel

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

The reason why you might not be able to get to the 3200 mhz mark with 4 sticks is because of the imc of zen + 

But for the most part you should be able to atleast get 3000 with quad memory 

No it's slot 2 and 4 for dual channel

But the 3200mhz will work?

1 minute ago, ZixteE said:

But the 3200mhz will work?

I can't guarantee that it will 

It depends on the imc and the silicon quality and if you have any overclock on your cpu 

Ryzen needs alot more work to get it to a State where it's REALLY good compared to Intel 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I can't guarantee that it will 

It depends on the imc and the silicon quality and if you have any overclock on your cpu 

Ryzen needs alot more work to get it to a State where it's REALLY good compared to Intel 

Alright so what do you think will be the default frequency if I just plug and play that new memory?

Just now, ZixteE said:

Alright so what do you think will be the default frequency if I just plug and play that new memory?

It depends 

I would say 90% you will be able to get to 3000 but as for jdec settings it's either 2133 or 2400

Build Log: 

38 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It depends 

I would say 90% you will be able to get to 3000 but as for jdec settings it's either 2133 or 2400

Last question whats the difference og G.Skillz variant with 16GTZR vs 16GTZR(X)

12 minutes ago, ZixteE said:

Last question whats the difference og G.Skillz variant with 16GTZR vs 16GTZR(X)

i could be wrong 

but i think the X means that it was tested with amd cpu's 

but both of them should work with AMD

its just the one with the X is guaranteed to work

but as i said above both of them will  

Build Log: