Halo MCC for PC is both installed and not installed somehow

nightmarevoid
Go to solution Solved by nightmarevoid,

I don't know how, but the problem is fixed.

I used Run to run wsreset.exe which clears the store cache

I clicked the X next to the failed downloads in the "my apps" section of the microsoft store to cancel the download and uninstall the game packages.

I installed all pending updates

I restarted my computer

When I went back to the xbox app to install MCC it actually started installing this time. Honestly, idk.

I'm not really sure how to describe this. I wanted to uninstall MCC and reinstall it on my hard disk because I didn't think I was getting any benefit from having it on my small SSD, so I uninstalled it. At this point Xbox (beta) crashed and the window went gray, the same color as the background. I gave it about 10 min, which I figured was enough time for it to either respond or finish what it was doing in the background before I closed the window. When I opened it back up, the icon for halo MCC was still there, but now the window for it is asking me to install it. here's the catch though: the installation fails every time after a few seconds. This also happens in the microsoft store. Furthermore, when I right click on the play icon on the left I get an option to uninstall the game (If I click the play button itself the xbox beta window goes away and then nothing happens). So MCC is somehow both installed and not installed. I took ownership of the WindowsApp folder on all of my drives, and I can't find the install folder for Halo MCC on any of them, and it's not in the "deleted" folder either. halp pls.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

I don't know how, but the problem is fixed.

I used Run to run wsreset.exe which clears the store cache

I clicked the X next to the failed downloads in the "my apps" section of the microsoft store to cancel the download and uninstall the game packages.

I installed all pending updates

I restarted my computer

When I went back to the xbox app to install MCC it actually started installing this time. Honestly, idk.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

Corsair SFX 750W

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue hopefully it works for me 2. Also for some reason I still have state of decay 2 installed on gamepass even tho i deleted it this shit sucks.

edit i fixed it by reset the store just like him but used aps and features then searched up Microsoft store or store then clicked n it and hit reset. State of decay still remains in the hardrive which most ant acess without granting themselves permission to get into the folder.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:18 AM, Yoelq said:

I have the same issue hopefully it works for me 2. Also for some reason I still have state of decay 2 installed on gamepass even tho i deleted it this shit sucks.

edit i fixed it by reset the store just like him but used aps and features then searched up Microsoft store or store then clicked n it and hit reset. State of decay still remains in the hardrive which most ant acess without granting themselves permission to get into the folder.

I ended up completely uninstalling the xbox app and just downloading the games from the windows store app and playing them from the start menu like any other app. I recommend you do the same.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

Corsair SFX 750W