Nexus 6P bootloop after rooting

So today I bought a used Nexus 6P for the purpose of installing Kali Nethunter on it, and then after some searching I found out that I should root the device first, so I did following this guide using SuperSU, I installed the SuperSU from this website, the phone then hung on the Google logo for like 30 minutes, then I found out that the SuperSU project is dead, I said maybe because it's an older phone the root should work and then I entered recovery mode through TWRP and went to the terminal and I saw the # sign and to make sure I ran the command whoami and it gave me root, and then I read that if I'm stuck in a bootloop I should reflash the ROM that I already have installed, but I said it wouldn't make a difference if I flashed Nethunter, it's a new ROM anyway, and now it's been stuck on the Google logo for another 30 minutes.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

First go in TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Then try again. This fixed so many things for me already.

You do not need to root with superSU (or Magisk) if you plan on installing a new ROM. That would wipe it anyway.

Try to follow the instructions of the official Nethunter thread on XDA:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/development/rom-kali-nethunter-huawei-nexus-6p-t4080807

You should flash the newest android version from google via fastboot beforehand though:

https://developers.google.com/android/images

7 hours ago, Person_125 said:

So today I bought a used Nexus 6P for the purpose of installing Kali Nethunter on it, and then after some searching I found out that I should root the device first, so I did following this guide using SuperSU, I installed the SuperSU from this website, the phone then hung on the Google logo for like 30 minutes, then I found out that the SuperSU project is dead, I said maybe because it's an older phone the root should work and then I entered recovery mode through TWRP and went to the terminal and I saw the # sign and to make sure I ran the command whoami and it gave me root, and then I read that if I'm stuck in a bootloop I should reflash the ROM that I already have installed, but I said it wouldn't make a difference if I flashed Nethunter, it's a new ROM anyway, and now it's been stuck on the Google logo for another 30 minutes.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Not at all. You'll lose root as soon as you flash a new rom, so it's pointless.

As @Argeddion said, those are the steps you should follow:

~~ How to Install ~~

- Update to / flash the latest official Android release

- Install TWRP

- Copy Magisk and NetHunter image to a USB drive

- Reboot into TWRP, insert the USB drive.

- flash NetHunter image

- flash Magisk

- Reboot

- Run NetHunter app

- Reboot

Magisk will take care of the root process for you. Just flash it after the rom is installed.

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

23 hours ago, Argeddion said:

First go in TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Then try again. This fixed so many things for me already.

You do not need to root with superSU (or Magisk) if you plan on installing a new ROM. That would wipe it anyway.

Try to follow the instructions of the official Nethunter thread on XDA:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/development/rom-kali-nethunter-huawei-nexus-6p-t4080807

You should flash the newest android version from google via fastboot beforehand though:

https://developers.google.com/android/images

Thanks for the reply and sorry for replying so late. I did what you said and the nethunter ROM got installed properly but in order to use the nethunter apps I have to root the device.
Thanks for the help.

16 hours ago, Parideboy said:

Not at all. You'll lose root as soon as you flash a new rom, so it's pointless.

As @Argeddion said, those are the steps you should follow:

~~ How to Install ~~

- Update to / flash the latest official Android release

- Install TWRP

- Copy Magisk and NetHunter image to a USB drive

- Reboot into TWRP, insert the USB drive.

- flash NetHunter image

- flash Magisk

- Reboot

- Run NetHunter app

- Reboot

Magisk will take care of the root process for you. Just flash it after the rom is installed.

Thank you! I flashed Magisk zip from TWRP and everything is working now.