Learning OOP C++ (Visual C++)

Zahuczky

Hey guys. If everything goes according to plan, from September I will Study IT Engineering in university. 
One thing, that I will have to learn is OOP with C++ there, and I would like to catch up with it until then. Just to be clear, I don't wanna become a professional  programmer until then, just want to know the basics in Visual C++.

I'm not a too experienced programmer, the only programming language that I'm kinda experienced in is Freepascal.

I want to find some good books, or preferably sites, where I can learn the basics of Visual C++.
Can anyone recommend me some, with explanations from scratch, and training tasks?

12 minutes ago, Zahuczky said:

Can anyone recommend me some, with explanations from scratch, and training tasks?

Programming: Principles and Practice using C++, if you're new to programming.

The C++ Programming Language if you're confident in your programming skills in atleast one language.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Why don't you just wait for your course to start? It's going to cover more in a week than you could in 3 months by yourself

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I second the book proposed by @straight_stewie

Also, there are several good courses on the Pluralsight platform, but they require a paid subscription (around 30 USD per month IIRC)

On another hand, if you're new to programming then I don't think C++ is a good option. You could start with more friendly languages that support OOP like Python or JS (they seem to be quite popular nowadays) and then move into C++ in the future.

Hope this helps!