CPU issues

CPU Cooling problems

So I have a gaming pc that has a ryzen 7 2700x and nitro + RX 5700 xt inside the h500i case

due to airflow issues, I changed the front AIO fans (corsair h100i platinum) into exhaust and my back exhaust fans (Noctua redux NF-P12 1300 PWM) into intake

and ran an Aida 64 extreme bench, now GPU temps maxed out on 74c but CPU temps with a default fan curve hit 90c, after setting a custom fan curve the CPU temps maxed out at 80-83c is this normal for a CPU paired with an aio when it’s at 100% usage? Or is there something I need to do

9 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

80-83c

Those temps are absolutly fine for this use case: both GPU and CPU maxed out. In real world usage this won't be the case.

The reason these are a bit on the higher side considering the water cooling is that the air gets warmed up by the gpu and then passes the radiator. So the cooling capacity is much less this way. 

12 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

due to airflow issues, I changed the front AIO fans (corsair h100i platinum) into exhaust and my back exhaust fans (Noctua redux NF-P12 1300 PWM) into intake

What were the airflow issues? 

3 minutes ago, TheBeitemBeast said:

Those temps are absolutly fine for this use case: both GPU and CPU maxed out. In real world usage this won't be the case.

The reason these are a bit on the higher side considering the water cooling is that the air gets warmed up by the gpu and then passes the radiator. So the cooling capacity is much less this way. 

What were the airflow issues? 

the h500i front panel is completely blocked except a small vertical opening on the side by design so my AIO couldn’t take in much cold fresh air from the front

Not sure the validity of the info or the current relevance (from 2018), but I found this article from guru3D that states the 2700x has reports a 10C offset of temperature. 

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

the h500i front panel is completely blocked except a small vertical opening on the side by design so my AIO couldn’t take in much cold fresh air from the front

Also, if this is the situation, it's not likely to be much better this way. With more exhaust, you should have less build up of warm air in the case. The radiator might not get as much cool air but it should likely work better. Also, don't the H500s have an opening on the bottom at the front of the case?

7 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

That is true. I just realised I have the same case lol #facepalm

My setup is: on the rear and on the top side an exhaust fan and the radiator on the front also exhaust. This way my system stays pretty cool (max about 50-55 ish)

Kraken X62 is mounted on my GPU (gtx 970). 

I have no idea is this is the ideal situation, but it works for me.

2 minutes ago, TheBeitemBeast said:

That is true. I just realised I have the same case lol #facepalm

My setup is: on the rear and on the top side an exhaust fan and the radiator on the front also exhaust. This way my system stays pretty cool (max about 50-55 ish)

Kraken X62 is mounted on my GPU (gtx 970). 

I have no idea is this is the ideal situation, but it works for me.

So your whole pc is exhaust right? Would you recommend me doing that?

3 minutes ago, burh4n said:

Not sure the validity of the info or the current relevance (from 2018), but I found this article from guru3D that states the 2700x has reports a 10C offset of temperature. 

Also, if this is the situation, it's not likely to be much better this way. With more exhaust, you should have less build up of warm air in the case. The radiator might not get as much cool air but it should likely work better. Also, don't the H500s have an opening on the bottom at the front of the case?

Yes there is also a small opening in the bottom front of the case, is my fan setup good? Or should i go ahead and do all fans exhaust, also by offset of 10c you mean My cpu could be at 70c while showing its at 80?

3 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

So your whole pc is exhaust right? Would you recommend me doing that?

You could try it with your components. I don't know how the heat output of your cpu/gpu compares to mine (I5 4690 and GTX970). 

With all exhaust fans you will probably need to clean dust out of your pc more often. 

How do you measure the temps? I do it with the NZXT fan/rgb controller software (CAM). 

Just now, TheBeitemBeast said:

You could try it with your components. I don't know how the heat output of your cpu/gpu compares to mine (I5 4690 and GTX970). 

With all exhaust fans you will probably need to clean dust out of your pc more often. 

I think I’ll stick with my current setup of cooling since like you said 80-83c is normal for me and i won’t even hit that since I’m not using 100% of the cpu at all times

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

I think I’ll stick with my current setup of cooling since like you said 80-83c is normal for me and i won’t even hit that since I’m not using 100% of the cpu at all times

What are the cpu/gpu temps during normal use of the PC?

Yes there is also a small opening in the bottom front of the case, is my fan setup good? Or should i go ahead and do all fans exhaust

If your current setup is working better than your previous setup, then you should probably be fine. I personally would not change to 100% exhaust, balance is always a good thing.

4 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

by offset of 10c you mean My cpu could be at 70c while showing its at 80

According to the info in the article, yes. Like I said tho, I'm not sure how valid that is today, it's possible that AMD changed this but you'd have to do some research to find out for sure.

Just now, TheBeitemBeast said:

Gpu would hit a max of 74c on rainbow six siege after 3 hours of gameplay and the cpu a max of 68-70c

3 minutes ago, TheBeitemBeast said:

Gpu would hit a max of 74c on rainbow six siege after 3 hours of gameplay and the cpu a max of 68-70c

Those are perfectly fine temps by me. What are your thoughts here @burh4n ?

9 hours ago, TheBeitemBeast said:

Those are perfectly fine temps by me. What are your thoughts here @burh4n ?

I definitely agree, those temps are perfectly fine