Help to find the right graphic cards

Yoonah

My goal is to use all graphic programs smoothly for my 3D rendering. Of course, my laptop dell 7548 doesn't work with them well. There are my options I think I can do. Please choose the best way for me under your considerations to use my budgets efficiently. Please give me any advice or recommendation.

- Specs of my current laptop :

dell 7548, intel core i7, 12GB ram, 1TB HDD, intel HP graphics 5500, no video ram

- Specs that I need:

CPU intel core i7 or higher, 16GB ram, 512 SSD or higher, 6GB graphics cards/Vram or higher.

1. upgrade HHD-> SSD samsung SSD 860 Evo 1TB= $169

2. upgrade add 8GB Ram $49 (Arch memory on Amazon)

3. Buy graphics card and eGPU dock I do not know how much it will be because I do not know which graphics card will fit into my laptop to upgrade for better GPU and works without any troubles. Please let me know if any of you know or recommend.

If installing eGPU and its dock is expensive enough or same budgets to spend on a new computer, I would rather buy a new laptop. What do you think? Recommend me any labtop or graphics card?

it doesn't have a type c, and cpu can't be upgraded. why not build a pc?

I do not want to build a pc because my work desk is pretty small to have a pc.. What makes better to have a pc instead of having a laptop? I am a beginner to try to install eGPU because I can use it for the future with better laptop or pc. Is there a way to connect my laptop to eGPU because of not having usb-c ?

Have a look in small form factor PC (google it)

you don't have a minitower on your desktop anyway. but underneath, or on the side. and the small form factor pc's are quite small now, look up linus's and jayz2cent's videos on them.