Help please!

Aar420x

Hello everyone looking for some help if possible.

When in game my monitor flickers and goes black for a second or two and then comes back on, usually followed by the recommended resolution, which is 4k.

I've noticed it does in some games more than others. And on some graphics settings it may do it once every 10 seconds. Then on optimised settings may happen once or twice a game on warzone. I've noticed it happens pretty much every time I enter a game on warzone.

I played gears of War tactics and it would flicker every 10 seconds or so. I then ran the game through geforce experience at optimised graphics and it did it he'll of a lot less. 

I have a evga gtx 1080 superclocked. I had tried a couple different hdmi cables and bought a brand new display port cable. And the problem still persists. 

It literally never does it when on the desktop or browsing the Web etc. From what I've read it could be my gpu, monitor or psu dying. But I have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem. And rule out each part.

Also i have a b350m gaming pro motherboard so only one pci slot or I would have tried swapping slot.

Any help is much appreciated thank you.

have you tried reinstalling the graphics card drivers?

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

use ddu to uninstall them then reinstall from nvidia website

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

ah okay brilliant will give that a try now many thanks!

4 hours ago, Matty2048 said:

use ddu to uninstall them then reinstall from nvidia website

So far this has fixed my problem thank you very much

12 hours ago, Aar420x said:

So far this has fixed my problem thank you very much

:D happy to help