Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Learning About Computers

BoxTurtle

Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,

Right here, I've been a regular since I was 11 and have learned quite a bit.

Also just googling problems when they come up.

Where should I go to learn things about computers and their parts. I do not mean I want to learn how to promgram or learn how to do web desighn. I mean jsut learn about computers in general.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACURATE

I feel so freaking bad for all the people without PCS that are having to pay so much because of the gpu shortage and just the prices right now. I just feel so thankful that I was able to build my pc for MSRP (with the exception of my CPU; see below) in November right before everything got terrible! Good luck to everyone trying to get a GPU. 🙂

A little about me: A person with a chromebook in a big world were windows computers dominate the consumer and market space. He has one chance to finally get himself a Windows computer. But wait, the scalpers, they take his cpu causing him to have to wait for it for three whole months even though he has also the other parts. To this day, he still waits for his long-lost ryzen 3 3100. He hopes that one day it will arrive.. (update: it arrived in March and now I have a fully functioning pc)

1 minute ago, emosun said:

the internet
or take a class

i sort of ment something more specific like a good website or something

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACURATE

I feel so freaking bad for all the people without PCS that are having to pay so much because of the gpu shortage and just the prices right now. I just feel so thankful that I was able to build my pc for MSRP (with the exception of my CPU; see below) in November right before everything got terrible! Good luck to everyone trying to get a GPU. 🙂

A little about me: A person with a chromebook in a big world were windows computers dominate the consumer and market space. He has one chance to finally get himself a Windows computer. But wait, the scalpers, they take his cpu causing him to have to wait for it for three whole months even though he has also the other parts. To this day, he still waits for his long-lost ryzen 3 3100. He hopes that one day it will arrive.. (update: it arrived in March and now I have a fully functioning pc)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

"If you don't measure things, it's not engineering; it's art." - Jack Ganssle

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Okay thanks

On 5/14/2020 at 8:27 PM, turtlecraft said:

Where should I go to learn things about computers and their parts. I do not mean I want to learn how to promgram or learn how to do web desighn. I mean jsut learn about computers in general.

If you are having an old dektop laying around, you could start by taking it apart and putting it back together. 

That is how I started with computers and eventually building my own desktop.