Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ITX case help

_lucalink

I currently have a mid tower ATX build and want to switch to a smaller form factor but am having trouble finding a case that will fit my parts and budget.

I have a Red dragon 5600xt so i need at least 240mm gpu clearance and support for atx psu aswell. My current budget is $80 UK.

The ThermalTake Core V1 can take a full size PSU, but the exhaust fan spots are only 80mm, which are nearly impossible to find with good characteristics (noise/airflow) these days, despite the 200mm intake fan in the front that it comes with. It is also fairly inexpensive. I have one and it was great until I got my R9 3900X, and I couldn't fit a big enough air cooler on it. You can put a 240mm rad in the case, though.

51gbp on amazon.co.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermaltake-Core-Snow-Mini-ITX-Window/dp/B00MJSV9Y2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Core%2BV1&qid=1589476201&sr=8-2&th=1

22 minutes ago, icase81 said:

The ThermalTake Core V1 can take a full size PSU, but the exhaust fan spots are only 80mm, which are nearly impossible to find with good characteristics (noise/airflow) these days, despite the 200mm intake fan in the front that it comes with. It is also fairly inexpensive. I have one and it was great until I got my R9 3900X, and I couldn't fit a big enough air cooler on it. You can put a 240mm rad in the case, though.

51gbp on amazon.co.uk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermaltake-Core-Snow-Mini-ITX-Window/dp/B00MJSV9Y2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Core%2BV1&qid=1589476201&sr=8-2&th=1

Is it better than the Silverstone SG13?

Better how? With the SG13, you're almost forced to use an AIO cooler since the power supply goes right over the CPU.  You could still fit, say, a 92mm Noctua in the Core V1. It'll likely have much better airflow than the SG13, too, since the power supply and all the cables go in the 'basement' and the drives are off to the side. 

That said, the SG13 is probably a better manufactured case. The Core V1 is 50gbp. It's budget. Its not gonna be top tier LianLi or InWin or Corsair quality, but mine held up for almost 10 years now. Its all steel, and once its together it looks very nice.

1 hour ago, icase81 said:

Better how? With the SG13, you're almost forced to use an AIO cooler since the power supply goes right over the CPU.  You could still fit, say, a 92mm Noctua in the Core V1. It'll likely have much better airflow than the SG13, too, since the power supply and all the cables go in the 'basement' and the drives are off to the side. 

That said, the SG13 is probably a better manufactured case. The Core V1 is 50gbp. It's budget. Its not gonna be top tier LianLi or InWin or Corsair quality, but mine held up for almost 10 years now. Its all steel, and once its together it looks very nice.

I think I might just get a larger h210 as I prefer the look and it's still smaller than what I have