PSU or GPU problem?

Hi everyone! I am new here and I would appreciate it if someone could help me with an issue!

Two months ago I updated my gpu drivers and after two days, all of a sudden, my pc started doing a lot of restarts while gaming. When I was using it for office work, nothing happened.

The first thing I did was to roll back to my previous gpu driver, but the restarts in gaming kept going. So, I replaced my PSU with another one that I had from my previous build. The restarts were gone. I was gaming with the latest drivers with no problems. 

Yesterday, i decided to give another chance to the PSU that I replaced. I rolled back to a driver from 2017 and now I can play my games without any problems. 

So, where is the problem here? Is it a bad psu, a bad gpu or just a drivers issue?

My build is this:

Intel core i5-8400

GTX 1060 6GB

16 GB RAM DDR4

PSU Super Flower Platinum King 550W 80+Platinum

The PSU that works with the latest drivers is a no-name one.

Thanks for your help! 😊

since the restarts doesn't occourred when you swapped PSU i think that it's that... maybe the Super Flower has something wrong... i sincerely don't think is the GPU, but you can still game with the new PSU and see if starts to restart again.

also you can load a benchmark or something heavy for both the cpu and gpu so you can test the psu...

Thank you very much for your reply.

I also believe that the PSU failed, but the only thing that makes me doubt it is that with older gpu drivers I can play without any problem for hours.