HDMI Input through graphics card

Ok, so I´m currently experimenting with some tech stuff I have laying around and something came to my mind, is there some way to use one of my graphics card´s hdmi ports to first input a signal, then output it to my Monitor using DP.

I´m using a RTX 2080 Super FE and as an input device, I´m planning to use a Chromecast 2nd Gen.

So my Question is: Is there any way to use one´s graphics cards output to throughput a signal?

No. That port is not configured as an input and I doubt the GPU has the necessary hardware to convert the signal, since it's not a use case for a GPU.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

So, if I would just want to throughput the signal, HDMI to HDMI, would it still be impossible?

2 minutes ago, Technikfreak31 said:

So, if I would just want to throughput the signal, HDMI to HDMI, would it still be impossible?

Yes. Those ports are HDMI-out, not HDMI-in. It's really not a use case for a GPU to receive a video signal. If anything you'd need a capture card for that. And then some software that takes the received video stream and forwards it directly to the GPU instead of streaming to a file.

7 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Yes. Those ports are HDMI-out, not HDMI-in. It's really not a use case for a GPU to receive a video signal. If anything you'd need a capture card for that. And then some software that takes the received video stream and forwards it directly to the GPU instead of streaming to a file.

Ok, one last question, what about the IGPUs HDMI port? Could it receive an input signal?

5 minutes ago, Technikfreak31 said:

Ok, one last question, what about the IGPUs HDMI port? Could it receive an input signal?

Nope, also an output only port.

So you are planning to record content from the Chromecast?

10 minutes ago, Ertman said:

So you are planning to record content from the Chromecast?

No, I´m not.

I just want to use my PC as a throughput to my monitior.

I guess the best answer here depends on what connections your monitor has available. Does it have an HDMI connection? Plug the Chromecast in directly. Does it have a spare DP port? Get an an HDMI to DP adapter. If it has a DVI port, get an HDMI to DVI adapter. Note though that you may also, depending on your monitor's support, need some way to handle the audio from the Chromecast. I've never used one—I assume that it goes over HDMI by default, but there might be a way to cast it or use Bluetooth speakers?

13 hours ago, Technikfreak31 said:

No, I´m not.

I just want to use my PC as a throughput to my monitior.

So why any you use the monitor itself? No hdmi ports?