Weird Issue that need help solving

ConstantColby

Hi All!

I am a first time PC builder and I finally built my first PC just now. But I am encountering some GPU / monitor related issue that idk how to troubleshoot or pin point.

Hope some experts here can help.

Here is my system:

Ryzen 3700x

ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Plus

Gigabyte Windforce OC 2070 Super

G.skill Ram

Intel 660p NVMe M.2

AOC AG352UCG monitor

Here is the timeline on what happened.

After finishing my build, I started up the system for the very first time.

The mobo has a Q led diagnostic thing, and it got stuck a VGA. I didn't know what to do, so I tried rebooting it again to see if it will work. It didn't. I tried installing the GPU and the power cables to the GPU.

It finally booted and I began installing windows.

Everything was working fine, until when I was messing with the monitor, I used the joystick to open the control panel on the monitor and that was when my screen went dark and from then on, both DP and HDMI has no signal. No matter how many times I tried switching the input signals, tried different DP output on my GPU, tried the HDMI output, i could not get any signal on my monitor.

At this time, I rebooted my system and realized that I am stuck a VGA led again.

I reinstalled the GPU and now everything is working again.

I do not know what is causing this issue.

The GPU is definitely installed correctly, I checked to make sure it is fully pressed into the mobo, and the power cables are also installed.

I am really puzzled. What checks can I do to narrow down the root of this problem?
Is this the monitor or the GPU? I am afraid to even touch the settings on my monitor now.

2 hours ago, Colby_Junior said:

Hi All!

I am a first time PC builder and I finally built my first PC just now. But I am encountering some GPU / monitor related issue that idk how to troubleshoot or pin point.

Hope some experts here can help.

Here is my system:

Ryzen 3700x

ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Plus

Gigabyte Windforce OC 2070 Super

G.skill Ram

Intel 660p NVMe M.2

AOC AG352UCG monitor

Here is the timeline on what happened.

After finishing my build, I started up the system for the very first time.

The mobo has a Q led diagnostic thing, and it got stuck a VGA. I didn't know what to do, so I tried rebooting it again to see if it will work. It didn't. I tried installing the GPU and the power cables to the GPU.

It finally booted and I began installing windows.

Everything was working fine, until when I was messing with the monitor, I used the joystick to open the control panel on the monitor and that was when my screen went dark and from then on, both DP and HDMI has no signal. No matter how many times I tried switching the input signals, tried different DP output on my GPU, tried the HDMI output, i could not get any signal on my monitor.

At this time, I rebooted my system and realized that I am stuck a VGA led again.

I reinstalled the GPU and now everything is working again.

I do not know what is causing this issue.

The GPU is definitely installed correctly, I checked to make sure it is fully pressed into the mobo, and the power cables are also installed.

I am really puzzled. What checks can I do to narrow down the root of this problem?
Is this the monitor or the GPU? I am afraid to even touch the settings on my monitor now.

After you finish the build (I assume your finished ) install the latest drivers and the latest firmware that Is available to the GPU and see if this helps :D

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: