Google Chrome random tearing

Ruostunut kokis

Not sure if there's an earlier post about this... Couldn't find any, but I already apologize for possibly unnecessary topic.

So Google Chrome has had some random tearing lately, which happens quite often (ranging from every few minutes to every few seconds), and when this happens, some tabs go completely blank on one specific website. For example: I have multiple tabs open, of which 4 of them are on LTT, suddenly out of nowhere Chrome starts tearing a bit, and all the tabs with LTT open are now blank, requiring to go to completely different website and come back again.

Does anyone know why this happens, or how to fix it? It's not too terrible, but it's getting freaking annoying...

If you need additional info: I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome (although on my tablet there's older version of Chrome installed, the same tearing happens every now and then, leading to same results)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

@Ruostunut kokis

Hey.

I had that problem, too a while back. I thought it was something to do with my drivers. I reinstalled them but it made no difference. I then thought maybe my OS has bugged so I reinstalled windows. It still did it with a fresh OS install.

In the end I downloaded an older version of chrome from an archive website. That seemed to fix the problem.

I guess the later builds of chrome release are total dog shit and the older versions work just fine  :lol:

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

my guess would be reinstall chrome, or uninstall chrome and install firefox.

you can also try running "sfc /scannow" with out quotes from an admin command prompt.

mack sure your antivirus is up to date and run a scan.

Edit: @Elven seems to have a good answer