Hi guys, I have put together a “new” PC, “new” mobo and CPU. Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r and a Xeon X5675, paired with that I have my old rx 470 8gb, a Corsair cx550m and a Samsung ssd with windows 10, all of which worked fine in my old PC.

I have tried changing from IDE to AHCI, set the ssd as boot drive, quick boot on and off, disabling second and third boot drives leaving only the ssd, reset the case open status that is now “no”.

There is also a problem with the ram, I’ve tried both a set of hyperx fury 1600mhz 1.5v and a set of patriot 1600mhz 1.5v, both times the PC won’t post and the red led next to the ram signals over voltage. Now the interesting party, if I stick in a pair of hyperx genesis at 1600mhz and 1.65v it posts! But in the bios the ram is set to 1333mhz 1.5v as it should be at default. I’ve hade both the fury and patriot ram in my old PC so they should work..

Now that’s some of the weird hardware issues, now to the boot issue. I’ve attached some pics, the PC boots and sometimes if I don’t press anything the list of hard drives comes up for a split second, then it goes into a state of checking for drives and just stays there... other times it lists some hardware and says verifying DMI Pool Data ... update success.

If I press f12 and select the ssd it goes into verifying DMI pool data ... and then nothing happens.

The bios logo is also glitched out :/

And then it shows the screen with the options for entering bios etc for a split second, needed to record a video and screenshot it.

EDIT: I’ve tried with a seagate  barracuda with windows 10 and it also gets stuck at the verifying DMI Pool Data... update success.

D0A39891-75D0-4026-B144-A0705250F021.png

3A0E5CF2-7D85-492D-89DC-4278D5424989.png

4420EF8A-30EA-49F1-8254-1EBF5B16542B.png

AD957A24-6C07-4371-B0B9-16CD47987266.png

C1CED2D8-A5FD-41CF-9B09-5F897694E213.png

9DB0A48F-E622-4DCA-8E7D-BBAB91EED134.jpeg

Willing to bet the board is junk.

Verifying DMI pool is simply the bios having all the hardware information ready for the operating system before the drive posts windows. So thats normal and fine.

The bios post screen looks like bios corruption. You could try and flash the bios to the same or newer version.

Thats all I can think of for now.

GL

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Willing to bet the board is junk.

Verifying DMI pool is simply the bios having all the hardware information ready for the operating system before the drive posts windows. So thats normal and fine.

The bios post screen looks like bios corruption. You could try and flash the bios to the same or newer version.

Thats all I can think of for now.

GL

I've issued a refund from the seller on ebay now. The board that I recieved was also not the same as listed, rev 1.0 and not 2.0 😞 I hope I get my money back because I've found a lga1366 board locally for cheap 🙂 not as good but should be ok...

Good deal!!

On 5/8/2020 at 9:23 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

Good deal!!

Found a usb the old Volvo and tried making a install stick, lets see if it will start Windows from the ssd once installed...

EAE0AA82-BF86-4BE0-BB07-41AABF5FC1C8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, driacon said:

Found a usb the old Volvo and tried making a install stick, lets see if it will start Windows from the ssd once installed...

EAE0AA82-BF86-4BE0-BB07-41AABF5FC1C8.jpeg

You should be good to go.

If the bios jumbles up again, Id think the cpu is bad, but Ive only seen that on a bad bios chip from hard raw extreme overclocking.

35 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You should be good to go.

If the bios jumbles up again, Id think the cpu is bad, but Ive only seen that on a bad bios chip from hard raw extreme overclocking.

Thanks for all the help and advice ❤️

1 minute ago, driacon said:

Thanks for all the help and advice ❤️

My pleasure. :D