I have a gpu related question

Grayger

My question is when you turn on your pc and your doing simple tast like opening the web browser opening or anything related to just common use not gaming or editing is it normal for your core clock and memory clock to go sky high  and stay that way while doing none gpu taxing task like just browing or open tabs or apps. so sometimes i would notice the gpu staying idle speeds and then bumb up to almost it max speed and stay like that for a bit and go back down.

Capture.PNG

the graphics card is a Asus 1080ti turbo blower style fan

PRetty mych yes. if temps are fine then it is fine. sometimes something uses your gpu like 1-2% and that is why the speed jump like that.

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

5 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

PRetty mych yes. if temps are fine then it is fine. sometimes something uses your gpu like 1-2% and that is why the speed jump like that.

so it ramping up if fine. i have a question if you dont mind giving another answer

The fan on the card actually don spin on their own the card would be at idle with 55c and the fan wont spin over 20% neither when im playing or doing heavy task one time my gpu reach 83c and the fan wasnt even spinning it was like at 30% 

2 minutes ago, Grayger said:

so it ramping up if fine. i have a question if you dont mind giving another answer

go ahead

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

Just now, Grayger said:

The fan on the card actually don spin on their own the card would be at idle with 55c and the fan wont spin over 20% neither when im playing or doing heavy task one time my gpu reach 83c and the fan wasnt even spinning it was like at 30% 

83c is still safe. try to make your own custom fan curve. use msi afterburner for that

Just now, SavageNeo said:

83c is still safe. try to make your own custom fan curve. use msi afterburner for that

i thought the gpus do that on their own 

Just now, Grayger said:

i thought the gpus do that on their own 

yes thay have a fan curve but usually you can make better one

3 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

yes thay have a fan curve but usually you can make better one

Capture.PNG

Just now, Grayger said:

Capture.PNG

is that the cards fan curve or your own? that seems okay.

Just now, SavageNeo said:

is that the cards fan curve or your own? that seems okay.

so this is the cards normal curve but my question comes from when i start the pc right it at 20% but even if the card is getting hotter like at 50c it wont go up on its own. The curve only works when i open msi after burner then it bumbs the speed from 20 to 44 to bring it down but it only does this when msi after burner is open so if i dont open it stay stuck at 20 even when im playing a game or doing something else thats taxing the gpu

well keep msi afterburner open then.