Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows server 2019 question

xant14

So let me give you a background, I am an university student and the uni gave us azure dev tools for free which included a couple w10 education keys for free. Recently the option to get w10 education was changed and the option tha remained was to use Windows server 2019 and 2016. A friend of mine from the university, who is an average pc user, recently bought a new laptop without OS knowing tha we had w10 for free. So today when he brought me the laptop to set it up we saw the aforementioned chang so we couldn't activate windows. He saw the option to use Windows server edition, should I let him use it or no? I will do the setup etc so that's not a problem, all I want to know how viable it is to use for an averge user to daily drive them.

P.S Using windows with a watermark are not an option cause he will use it for work and it is a big no and he refuses to buy a cheap key because he doesn't trust them.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any (the legal way) last time I checked should I make him use linux instead?

Hello,

A genuine license key purchase Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 will active your Windows 10.

Just buy it from WalmartMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (OEM Software) $87.99

Running Microsoft Windows Server Standard 2019 is overkill but possible but not recommended.

If you are thinking of using that Server OS on a DELL PowerEdge or HP ProLiant that has several GPU for gaming... PARTY!!! 🤣

Regards,

Elsa Ballerina

2 hours ago, Elsa Ballerina said:

Just buy it from WalmartMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (OEM Software) $87.99

I live in Greece so I don't think I can buy it from walmart and the legit keys here in Greece cost about 150-160$. That's the 1/4th of the wage that most students that work make so that's why I am asking about the free option.