GPU for New Build

thclpr
Go to solution Solved by F.E.A.R.,
32 minutes ago, thclpr said:

WHich one would you advise?

XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB THICC III Ultra or Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB ?

7 minutes ago, thclpr said:

Ah, nevermind those ones, i think i'll go with this one: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-radeon-rx-5700-rog-strix-review,1.html

Don't go for the ASUS one, the Gigabyte is the best overall RX 5700XT GPU, plus you'd be paying a premium for ASUS card and it's not that good. I think they've revised the card but I still wouldn't go for it. Gigabyte, Sapphire or PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700XT.

Asus Officially Fixes The 5700 XT Strix, But Blames AMD For Their Mistake

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm amazed by how helpful this community is, for a long time i believe i never crossed a forum like this one. For sure this motivates me to spend more time around and trying to help others like some people are helping me :)

Regarding the GPU advice, on another post that I made ( can be found here ) , I'not quite sure regarding which GPU should I go, for that build, firstly, i was inclined for the 5700, but the following doubts appeared:

• I have read some articles regarding driver instability. this would be a problem for me?
  • Would 5700 handle the potential of Dell S3220DGF ? I mean, i dont plan to play on ultra all the time, but on high would be desirable.

I mean, even with the 3000 series knocking the door this year, i dont think i'll be upgrading my gpu for the next 3 to 4 years. so any advise would be welcome :)

EDIT: For those who doesnt want to click on the post, here it is the relevant computer parts:

• Monitor: Dell S3220DGF 31.5" LED QuadHD 165Hz FreeSync 2 HDR
  • GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16
  • MOBO: Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Storage:Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
  • PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
  • I dont plan to do any overclocking, at all.

if you can wait for 3000 series, wait.

if not, get the 5700xt. most of the drivers issues have been fixed.

18 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

if you can wait for 3000 series, wait.

if not, get the 5700xt. most of the drivers issues have been fixed.

Cool, would Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 64 Gaming OC 8G HBM2 be a good option> bad copy paste from my side.

11 minutes ago, thclpr said:

Cool, would Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 64 Gaming OC 8G HBM2 be a good option> bad copy paste from my side.

which gigabyte model? can you post the links to both?

32 minutes ago, thclpr said:

7 minutes ago, thclpr said:

Ah, nevermind those ones, i think i'll go with this one: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-radeon-rx-5700-rog-strix-review,1.html

Don't go for the ASUS one, the Gigabyte is the best overall RX 5700XT GPU, plus you'd be paying a premium for ASUS card and it's not that good. I think they've revised the card but I still wouldn't go for it. Gigabyte, Sapphire or PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700XT.

Asus Officially Fixes The 5700 XT Strix, But Blames AMD For Their Mistake

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

why not the xt?

somehow i was thinking it was out of stock, but its there. Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8GB it is then.