*HELP NEEDED*

I am looking to purchase a ryzen 3 3200g n use a b450 aurus m mobo for it yet on pc part picker it says i have a compatibility issue n need a bios update. on gigabyte's web page it says the b450 aurous m is compatible with 1st, 2nd , and 3rd gen ryzen CPUs . will i need to update the boards bios or should i get a different one in order to avoid having to update the bios ?

The motherboard may not come with the correct BIOS installed, as some B450M motherboards require an updated BIOS to recognize 3rd Gen Ryzen. If your motherboard does not come with the correct bios then you can contact AMD for an upgrade kit. They loan you a POS Athlon to boot with and update the bios that you then send back. 

For clarification whether or not you get a updated board is a total roll of the dice. Maybe you get an updated one, maybe not. 

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

It is possible that the motherboard doesn't have a bios revision required for a 3rd gen ryzen. If you want to ensure 100% compatibility "MAX" boards from MSI always have a bios revision compatible with 3rd gen ryzen CPUs. 

1 minute ago, Konrad_K said:

It is possible that the motherboard doesn't have a bios revision required for a 3rd gen ryzen.

Not if the motherboard claims compatibility with 3rd gen Ryzen. 

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313