Help with cooling solutions?

Hey all! I'm a first time builder, and I've decided to turn quarantine into a more productive time by building my first rig!  I think I have a pretty good setup in terms of components (I'll list everything below) but my biggest question right now is cooling solutions. I'm deciding to go with the Lian Li PC-o11 Dynamic for my case, and I have 6 Noctua chromax case fans (120mm).  My motherboard only has 2 fan headers, and I cannot daisy-chain the fans together.  My current idea is to have 3 fans per header, and order the noctua Y splitters (preferably the chromax ones but I'm not going to be too picky about these cables).  I am curious really if there are any downsides to this idea, whether or not I can actually connect that many fans to one header, etc.  Logistics of it just have me nervous.  Thanks for the help!

Components list:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime z390-P ATX LGA1151

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3200

CPU: Intel i7-9700K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i (I would've gone bigger but my case is somehow too small, and I wanted to go with air cooling over water since they seem to have similar results)

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" HHD

Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC

Case: Lian Li PC-o11 Dynamic

Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold fully modular

Hi

So do you already own some of those parts ? 

The Lian-Li PC-O11 is better suited to water cooling, and that Noctua cooler wouldn't be ideal for that cpu.

I've ordered everything but the CPU, GPU, and ram. I realize that the case is better for water cooling, and I was counting on the future and building a water cooled PC eventually.  

1 minute ago, Hallows_Keeper said:

I've ordered everything but the CPU, GPU, and ram. I realize that the case is better for water cooling, and I was counting on the future and building a water cooled PC eventually.  

Too late to cancel the order ? A Ryzen cpu would have been a better option. 

I could try a Ryzen, but would it work with the socket in my motherboard?  I also plan to use this for 3D modelling, and I thought Intel was better for more than just gaming.  The case has already shipped, but I may be able to return it for a different one. What would you recommend specifically?

36 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Too late to cancel the order ? A Ryzen cpu would have been a better option. 

Would it be beneficial to go with the L9x65 or the L12S instead? 

35 minutes ago, Hallows_Keeper said:

I could try a Ryzen, but would it work with the socket in my motherboard?  I also plan to use this for 3D modelling, and I thought Intel was better for more than just gaming.  The case has already shipped, but I may be able to return it for a different one. What would you recommend specifically?

No I meant if you could cancel the order then you could go with a 3700X and AM4 board instead. 

The Lian-Li case is fine, but it will look a bit weird with a low profile cooler. Also the 9700K might run a bit hot on that cooler, and you wouldn't have any overclocking room. 

So assuming you bought the Noctua Chromax fans as well ? You could have gone with a different case that accepts bigger air coolers and has some fans pre-installed.

6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

No I meant if you could cancel the order then you could go with a 3700X and AM4 board instead. 

The Lian-Li case is fine, but it will look a bit weird with a low profile cooler. Also the 9700K might run a bit hot on that cooler, and you wouldn't have any overclocking room. 

So assuming you bought the Noctua Chromax fans as well ? You could have gone with a different case that accepts bigger air coolers and has some fans pre-installed.

I do have room to go with a water cooled solution, so I could potentially go that route.  I appreciate the help!

In terms of connecting the case fans to the fan headers, how many fans can I connect to one header, or where would I be able to find that information?

Just now, Hallows_Keeper said:

I do have room to go with a water cooled solution, so I could potentially go that route.  I appreciate the help!

In terms of connecting the case fans to the fan headers, how many fans can I connect to one header, or where would I be able to find that information?

An AIO like the Arctic Liquid Freezer II would be a good shout for the PC-O11. You can either go with the 240mm or 360mm version. A 360mm would look better as it would fill all the fan mounts, or just leave one slot empty if you want the cheaper 240mm version. Also this cooler has a fan which cools the VRM, so that will help a bit with the fairly weak Z390 board that you have.

The 360mm is out of stock anyway at the moment, assuming you are in the USA.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/c4MTwP/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-240-563-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-acfre00046a

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2PFKHx/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-360-563-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-acfre00068a

A fan header is usually around 1A max. So you should be able to find the rating on Noctua website for the Chromax fans. I would probably stick to 3 fans per splitter as you have 2 fan headers.