Need help moving Windows

Hello,

I believe that my current hard drive is failing, causing me to buy another hard drive, I don't want to remove my previous hard drive from my computer, at least not immediately, and I would instead prefer to simply install windows on  my new drive. I don't know how to go about doing this, as I don't have a key or a disk. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thank you

14 minutes ago, xiaoan1122 said:

Hello,

I believe that my current hard drive is failing, causing me to buy another hard drive, I don't want to remove my previous hard drive from my computer, at least not immediately, and I would instead prefer to simply install windows on  my new drive. I don't know how to go about doing this, as I don't have a key or a disk. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thank you

I'm assuming you are wanting windows 10? You will need either a minimum 8GB USB flash drive, or a DVD burner (go with the flash drive if you have one, it will be much quicker at installing windows). Make sure there isn't anything on the flash drive you need as it will be formatted.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• ^ Go here & click download tool, and follow the instructions. Before you install on your new hard drive, make sure it is connected to your system, disconnect your old drive to avoid any problems there. Once it is all installed, you should be able to plug it back in & you might have to go to disk management to give it a drive letter.