No Internet, Secured

RelayIsReckless

I have a gigabyte aorus x570 pro wifi motherboard (that uses intel wifi 6 ax200) and I keep getting the "no internet, secured" issue on my wifi after being connected for long amounts of time (in other words, the network will work for a while and suddenly say it has no internet). The odd thing is that I can immediately reconnect to the same network after it gives me the "no internet, secured" message and it will be fine. I've tried almost every way of fixing it through my pc, so I'm beginning to think that it is a hardware issue. When I was first installing the antenna on my pc, I think I may have overtightened it. Could that cause my internet to drop off like that, and should I buy a new motherboard? If not, what software issue could be causing the error?

7 minutes ago, RelayIsReckless said:

I have a gigabyte aorus x570 pro wifi motherboard (that uses intel wifi 6 ax200) and I keep getting the "no internet, secured" issue on my wifi after being connected for long amounts of time (in other words, the network will work for a while and suddenly say it has no internet). The odd thing is that I can immediately reconnect to the same network after it gives me the "no internet, secured" message and it will be fine. I've tried almost every way of fixing it through my pc, so I'm beginning to think that it is a hardware issue. When I was first installing the antenna on my pc, I think I may have overtightened it. Could that cause my internet to drop off like that, and should I buy a new motherboard? If not, what software issue could be causing the error?

You don't need a new motherboard if the integrated WI-FI fails, you can get a wireless adapter instead. Although, I think that your WI-FI router's setting is set to cut internet to device after the client IP lease time is expired, you may be able to change this in your WI-FI router's configuration interface to not expire for a certain device or extend the time limit. What WI-FI router and modem are you using (this setting could be available in the modem's settings list also)?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

4 minutes ago, RelayIsReckless said:

Hey! First off, welcome to the forum. 

So "No Internet, Secured", usually means you can talk to other devices on your network, but nothing on the internet (It's weird, but we can confirm if it's the integrated card or not)

try pinging your router (Use this as a quick and simple guide). If that doesn't work, it's the card. If it does work, then it's a more complicated issue that we can help troubleshoot more.

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

1 hour ago, Boomwebsearch said:

You don't need a new motherboard if the integrated WI-FI fails, you can get a wireless adapter instead. Although, I think that your WI-FI router's setting is set to cut internet to device after the client IP lease time is expired, you may be able to change this in your WI-FI router's configuration interface to not expire for a certain device or extend the time limit. What WI-FI router and modem are you using (this setting could be available in the modem's settings list also)?

It doesn't happen on other devices, so I'm assuming that it's not a router setting

1 hour ago, BrinkGG said:

Hey! First off, welcome to the forum. 

So "No Internet, Secured", usually means you can talk to other devices on your network, but nothing on the internet (It's weird, but we can confirm if it's the integrated card or not)

try pinging your router (Use this as a quick and simple guide). If that doesn't work, it's the card. If it does work, then it's a more complicated issue that we can help troubleshoot more.

The ping test worked, so I'm not sure what to do now

I assume the Internet does actually stop working?  Because I have seen this happen and the Internet in fact is still working perfectly, just however Windows is detecting it failed for some reason.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

13 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I assume the Internet does actually stop working?  Because I have seen this happen and the Internet in fact is still working perfectly, just however Windows is detecting it failed for some reason.

The internet is fine, this is the only device it happens to

6 hours ago, RelayIsReckless said:

The internet is fine, this is the only device it happens to

No I mean when it says no Internet, does the Internet not work on that machine?
I've seen mine say No Internet, but the Internet was actually still working.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

12 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

No I mean when it says no Internet, does the Internet not work on that machine?
I've seen mine say No Internet, but the Internet was actually still working.

When it says no internet, the internet isn't working

I assume it's some issue with your DNS service on the router, try statically assigning that to 1.1.1.1 or similar and see if that helps. 

Usually the 'no internet' notice is a failure to resolve DNS records.  If you're just using the ISP ones sometimes they are pretty flaky.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C