Find results that contain...
Find results in...

$1500 AUD Build Help

wilfredtfs

1. Budget & Location

1500 AUD

Perth, Australia

2. Aim

Building for a friend and have not built a PC in a few years. Would like some recommendations from people who are more familiar with the current trends etc.

3. Monitors

None.

4. Peripherals

None.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Need a new PC for gaming (mainly Esports titles) and some video editing.

Would prefer to pickup up the items from local shops so in PCPartPicker that leaves me with:

• Austin Computers
  • PLE Computers
  • Storm Computers

Based on some brief research, here's what I got so far (slightly over budget but he's flexible 🙂).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($335.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($165.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($205.00 @ Storm Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB OC Video Card  ($469.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC55BT PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($68.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Total: $1659.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-27 13:56 AEST+1000

Alright mate, that's a pretty solid build. For motherboard-wise, are you planning to overclock it? Thermal solution, how much money has your friend allocated for the cooler. Is it liquid cooled or air cooled. My assumption would be that he/she is using the stock AMD cooler. For RAM-wise, the sweet spot to unlock your AMD Ryzen 5 3600 would be DDR4-3200 Mhz. Your friend would like to consider better RAM speeds if he/she is doing video editing. For Storage, I'd recommend 240 GB SATA 2.5" SSD with 2 TB Hard Drive to save costs and better storage options. Hard drive could be used for steam library and videos which he/she made. Then SATA SSD would be used to store the OS and important stuff which you need access to. As a result, I have compiled a list of cheaper parts on PCPartPicker which is also in AUD

Just now, GiftedNovaHD said:

Alright mate, that's a pretty solid build. For motherboard-wise, are you planning to overclock it? Thermal solution, how much money has your friend allocated for the cooler. Is it liquid cooled or air cooled. My assumption would be that he/she is using the stock AMD cooler. For RAM-wise, the sweet spot to unlock your AMD Ryzen 5 3600 would be DDR4-3200 Mhz. Your friend would like to consider better RAM speeds if he/she is doing video editing. For Storage, I'd recommend 240 GB SATA 2.5" SSD with 2 TB Hard Drive to save costs and better storage options. Hard drive could be used for steam library and videos which he/she made. Then SATA SSD would be used to store the OS and important stuff which you need access to. As a result, I have compiled a list of cheaper parts on PCPartPicker which is also in AUD

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/8MsXp8

3 hours ago, GiftedNovaHD said:

Hey, thanks for the reply. No plans to overclock. I was hoping the stock cooler will do the trick.

As for RAM, I was under the impression that a DDR4-3000 with a CAS latency of 15 is the same is a DDR-3200 with a CAS Latency of 16.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:49 PM, wilfredtfs said:

Hey, thanks for the reply. No plans to overclock. I was hoping the stock cooler will do the trick.

As for RAM, I was under the impression that a DDR4-3000 with a CAS latency of 15 is the same is a DDR-3200 with a CAS Latency of 16.

Both are pretty alright as the speeds are at Ryzen recommended levels of RAM. The stock cooler should do fine as it is pretty good NGL. Other than that, you may begin with your build anytime soon.